Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a pretty interesting quote as well fwiw.

Lack of opportunity under Thompson should be irrelevant given Hird is our contracted coach, but it sounds like Elliott is concerned about how he's rated by Thompson. I don't think it's any maliciousness on Bomber's part or anything, different coaches will rate different fringe players differently, but it's interesting that Bomber's opinion is considered relevant in Elliott's decision.

Thought I was in the delusional thread for a moment - 3 games in 2013 under Hird and 3 games under Thompson in 2014 - Hird showed obvious favoritism to Kavanagh - And an absolutely irrelevant comment by his Manager,seeing that Hird is coach.

It's not an attempt to blame Bomber for anything, I couldn't really care less what happens with Kav. I haven't seen anything worth fapping over with him, and neither have two coaches by the looks of things. I just thought it was an interesting name to drop, and probably suggestive of where the players think the club's coaching future lies.

I wouldn't try and lump this in with Howlett, Winderlich and Fletcher, it's an entirely different situation.

Yeah - Like Beams isn't leaving for money - That's right he's in America looking after his sick dad.

EKav leaving...meh!

Kav comes across as a little rich kid who got everything he wanted growing up and expects things to be given to him including games of AFL football, judging by his Dad's behavior too...or have I got that way wrong?

Amazed he hasn't got more love for his sideburns. He looks like he could go full American Civil War Era style with them.

Sorry irrelevant comment I know, but not much relevance in talking about his performances on field since they have been so poor and fleeting.

I can't handle this. :cry: I'm appointing Kav as one of my boys. I like him more than Aylett anyway.

#KeepKavanagh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE"Kakkle, post: 35582397, member: 132276"]I highly doubt he'd entertain the idea of moving interstate. Still lives at home with Mummy & Daddy.[/QUOTE]
Lives with hep I think

Didnt we all get really excited when Kav "slid" all the way down to our pick? (partly thanks to our patented "injury rumour" pre-draft system)
What happened from then till now? :(

You think EKav had a bit of a wake up call? Floated his name out there and so far (reportedly) not a single club has come knocking...

Hopefully the motivation for him to knuckle down, train hard and break into the Seniors this year.

Seems to have a bit of a "my way or the highway" attitude, remember the stuff when he was drafted? His Dad warded off other clubs or whatever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back