Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

You think EKav had a bit of a wake up call? Floated his name out there and so far (reportedly) not a single club has come knocking...

Hopefully the motivation for him to knuckle down, train hard and break into the Seniors this year.

If we trade in cooney or a player from Port we have to delist someone else. Kav could be that guy.

Kav is simply suffering from a lack of opportunities in a club that has a high quality range of midfield options. At his age, you just keep him and wait for him to click.

Kav is simply suffering from a lack of opportunities in a club that has a high quality range of midfield options. At his age, you just keep him and wait for him to click.

IT should be his age group (along with Aylett, NOB, Browne [pre injury]) who should have been pushing for senior selection and not be overtaken by Fantasia & Gleeson. Something pretty wrong with that IMHO.

IT should be his age group (along with Aylett, NOB, Browne [pre injury]) who should have been pushing for senior selection and not be overtaken by Fantasia & Gleeson. Something pretty wrong with that IMHO.

Fantasia and Gleeson are better forwards/defenders than that lot. That's how they've gotten a game. Truth is Essendon has Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Stanton, Zaka, Myers, Hocking and Howlett in front of the young kids, oh and Melk if he regains form. Unless there is 3 or 4 of the out they aren't getting senior game time just yet. The way to break into the side is being a forward at the moment!

Hams showed more in 2013 than Kav too, shame injury robbed the former of this year though, because I think he would have gotten a few games.

If we trade in cooney or a player from Port we have to delist someone else. Kav could be that guy.

Do you think the club will delist a contracted player.

100% correct. This is where improvement must come instead of trading in 29 year olds whose best footy is behind them.

Hams showed more in 2013 than Kav too, shame injury robbed the former of this year though, because I think he would have gotten a few games.

To be perfectly honest Hams has shown little or nothing in his two cameos at AFL level. Kavanagh showed more in his first two games.

Fantasia and Gleeson are better forwards/defenders than that lot. That's how they've gotten a game. Truth is Essendon has Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Stanton, Zaka, Myers, Hocking and Howlett in front of the young kids, oh and Melk if he regains form. Unless there is 3 or 4 of the out they aren't getting senior game time just yet. The way to break into the side is being a forward at the moment!

If Essendon are to take the next step, Howlett, Hocking and maybe even Stanton (although highly unlikely) are the guys who need to be pushed out by these kids.

I think you should go back and watch the tapes of the two. Kavanagh was very clean. Hams was a year 9 schoolboy trying to compete against the year 12 premiers in his debut against the Swans.

Showed us how to get knocked out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually referring to his VFL games. He had a crack at AFL, but given he isn't a short burst/impact player and was made sub, he was never going to do too much.

Have to admit I don't watch much vfl but from what I read on here it doesn't sound like Kav tears up the vfl? Surely it's as simple as he's just not good enough to play in our midfield yet

Meanwhile at the EFC.....

EKav: I'm angry and in no way influenced by my Daddy. Put my name out there to see who wants me! I'm worth heaps dammit.
EFC: Ok.

Trade week.......
EFC: Ok, so Ekav. Anybody?
silence and tumbleweeds

Back at the EFC.....
EFC: I think we now know your true value Ekav. STFU noob.
Ekav: I loves EFC! YAY!!

You have a lot of "Boys".
saville-370439.jpg

ha ha ha - love these bits.

Top-20 pick Elliott Kavanagh is also set to stay at the Bombers, a week after demanding a trade for more opportunity.
He has played only seven games in three years after being taken at pick 19 in the 2011 draft and was adamant he needed a fresh start. But given the lack of interest from rivals and with Essendon concentrating on the Paddy Ryder trade, no deal has been done.

Kavanagh’s manager Anthony McConville said yesterday his player was accepting of the reality he would be at the Dons next year.

“It is most likely he will stay. He has got one more year on his contract, so there are no issues there,’’ he said.

“It is difficult for him (to move) when he is contracted and Essendon did give up a first-round pick for him so they don’t want to lose him. More to the point they see something in him so they want to give him every opportunity.

“If there are no opportunities in this trade period he will bunker down and have a big pre-season and put his best foot forward. Hopefully he will be presented with more opportunities next year.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n-to-the-bombers/story-e6frf3e3-1227091685714

How to put a positive spin on "we asked around but no one wanted to go near us"

I notice that no one is suggest EKav should 'breach' his contract.. or talking about how he must be leaving for the supplements saga.. I notice we only heard concern for his welfare when he wanted out.. not when he wanted to suck another years wages out of the club cause no one else wanted him.. then apparently it is all good on the 'welfare' front...

Have to admit I don't watch much vfl but from what I read on here it doesn't sound like Kav tears up the vfl? Surely it's as simple as he's just not good enough to play in our midfield yet

He does it in fits and starts but just can't seem to get continuity.

For example in the dreamtime curtain-raiser this year at punt road he was absolutely incredible in the fist quarter, reckon he had it 15 times, 5-6 clearances, a couple of bone crunching tackles and set up 3-4 goals (and may have kicked one himself).

He was sharking packs at genuine pace, running 20 metres and kicking long inside 50 on multiple occasions, and myself and Yoda_ were full of praise.

Then at quarter time he went off and wasn't seen from again because he was being held over for the seniors, and of course he didn't end up playing that evening at all. So frustrating

"Hopefully he will be presented with more opportunities next year."

Sounds like he wants to be gifted games.
No, sounds like he wants to play senior football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back