Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

What was it about his game as a junior that had us so excited when he slid to us?

Not sure. But was touted as a top 5 pick by experts at the start of 2011.

For mine you can still see it, his vision in the contest is outstanding. Problem is he lacks intensity and is a bit reactive. I think he can make it, but really needs an uninterrupted run of senior football to get a better feel at the pace.

Huge game tomorrow night in reference to his career. If he has a big one he probably earns a 3rd nab game performance and form there would see a round 1 run. If he has an ordinary one after his 1st nab game he will struggle get into the 22 without major injury damage to the midfield. Still showed ability to run balance up and kick an inside outside drop punt from 45 on the run which takes a fair bit of ability.

Hes given himself every chance over preseason which is a credit to him and i hope it translates to real games

Huge game tomorrow night in reference to his career. If he has a big one he probably earns a 3rd nab game performance and form there would see a round 1 run. If he has an ordinary one after his 1st nab game he will struggle get into the 22 without major injury damage to the midfield. Still showed ability to run balance up and kick an inside outside drop punt from 45 on the run which takes a fair bit of ability.

Hes given himself every chance over preseason which is a credit to him and i hope it translates to real games

That's all fair.

Got to say that I was disappointed that he wasn't left in the centre square the whole time against St Kilda. I appreciate that he is going to have to evolve different elements to his game but if we're not giving him the chance to do what he does best it seems that we're 'putting the cart before the horse'.

I'd like to see him in the middle with Cooney and Jones tonight more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back