Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

it'll be plenty unfortunate when he finds another club and he kills it because they don't treat him like garbage

Which club is he going to kill it at?

We have not treated him like garbage. Unlucky to be dropped at times? Yes. But not like garbage. He got the wake up call he needed at the end of last year. He has completed his first injury free pre-season since being at the club and has put in 2 sub par performances against teams filled with his peers. Still has a long way to go.

It's a pre-season game, FFS. How about we let him fail when it matters before we declare he's done his dash?
So all last year counts for nothing as well?
Yes its nab but hes not going to suddenly jump to being half decent in a couple weeks time.

Both Hird and Bomber have not treated him well in terms of selection. Lack of continuity, playing him as sub, etc. This is undeniable.

I feel quite sorry for him in some ways.

I preferred the Kav that didn't try hard enough but showed glimpses of class. Atm he looks like he's trying too hard to make a good impression.

Hopefully he finds form and confidence soon or else he'll have missed an opportunity at an AFL career.

Will definitely play NAB Round 3. We have get our best 22 on the team in case they are suspensions. We will struggle big time with talls if players are suspended. Would like the club to pursue Michael hartley in this scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The overreactions in this thread are hilarious. I haven't seen the game but it's ******* pre-season. Most of you were saying similar things about Colyer this time last year.

I remember when they tried to rebuild jetta, they made him so unsure of himself that he forgot what he did best. All he did was try so hard to try show he was trying hard that he gave away free kicks and ran around like a headless chook. I see it happening again.

The overreactions in this thread are hilarious. I haven't seen the game but it's ******* pre-season. Most of you were saying similar things about Colyer this time last year.

Not sure, reckon an overreaction would be in year one after a game or two, after 4 years of the same it becomes a trend...

I want him to succeed but it seems like we are putting hurdles in his way.

Not sure, reckon an overreaction would be in year one after a game or two, after 4 years of the same it becomes a trend...

I want him to succeed but it seems like we are putting hurdles in his way.
It's definitely an overreaction. It's pre-season.

Nope, not even Colyer turned it over this much.

Have pumped him up a bit but so far his 2 games have been ordinary. Was not expecting a Judd like performance but was looking for a little more than
average 12 and 14 possession games. Yes it is pre season and yes he is playing in a side that is going to be beaten easily but he should be doing a bit
more than he has so far.

And Colyer deserved it as well. Was not until he received a decent rocket mid year and was told he would be on the way out if he did not lift
that he turned it around. Cav is getting his chance but he needs to be doing better in the same way that Trav had to last year.

Both Hird and Bomber have not treated him well in terms of selection. Lack of continuity, playing him as sub, etc. This is undeniable.

I feel quite sorry for him in some ways.

Wot?

Nothing to do with anyone but himself. If he's playing as a midfielder he needs to go out and get some numbers.

Against guys in similar age brackets in Saints and GWS he's looked slower, smaller and less sure of himself. Its up to him to do get the job done when he is called up. Unfortunately he's not doing that at the moment.

It'll take a big effort for him to get any games this year. I can't see it happening at this point in time but stranger things have happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back