Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuffed for Robbie. Don't reckon anyone would have had him in the round 2 side although in hindsight he has barely played a bad game since he's been at the club (perhaps the Geelong match last year). While the Gods turned against him last year with his injury and delisting, they have been on his side since then. And the best thing about his effort to get in the team and then play well is that it reminds the match committee of the importance of rewarding players that put it all out there to earn selection. If Nahas keeps a better credentialed player out of the side for much of the year, then I will happily cheer him on. Love his attitude.
Spot on B2B. Was about to post the same sentiments but you have now saved me the trouble.

And the best thing about his effort to get in the team and then play well is that it reminds the match committee of the importance of rewarding players that put it all out there to earn selection. If Nahas keeps a better credentialed player out of the side for much of the year, then I will happily cheer him on. Love his attitude.
Hear, hear. Perhaps attitude and the intensity that comes with it = credential?!

Hear, hear. Perhaps attitude and the intensity that comes with it = credential?!
But in the glorious world of Number 1 picks and million dollar men, Robbie is in the janitor class of footballer.De-listed, re-rookied, and hopefully re-listed make for impressive credentials in my book.

Amazed two games have gone by since anyone posted anything about Robin Nahas. Today he was sensational and he wasn't too shabby last week either. The three goals today was nice, but his forward pressure is immense. I want this bloke in the team every week from here on.

Amazed two games have gone by since anyone posted anything about Robin Nahas. Today he was sensational and he wasn't too shabby last week either. The three goals today was nice, but his forward pressure is immense. I want this bloke in the team every week from here on.
Well said. Love that he's getting his chance and running with it. No longer the 'use in case of emergency small forward'

Great stuff nahas. Pressure and run is greatly needed

Well said. Love that he's getting his chance and running with it. No longer the 'use in case of emergency small forward'

Great stuff nahas. Pressure and run is greatly needed
Hes a true competitor...plays for his spot week in and week out. Love that when he gets in you can't really drop him...takes an injury to snuff him..
If every player at north had the competitive spirit of Brown and Nahas we would be 4 and zip right now!

Yep, I have nothing but positives for the way Robin goes about his footy with us. He's been immense!

Love the bloke.

I don't think enough can be said about the way this guy has transformed his career by transforming his attitude.

Looking from the outside at his time at Richmond - and I'm sure the Tigers supporters will back me on this - it seemed like he thought it was his God given right to be in their best 22 and all he has to do was pack his bags once a week to reach 250 games. His attitude, or at least his body language, was piss poor when things didn't go his way.

Now he plays like a man who wants to repay the favour North gave him when we picked him up from the scrap heap.

He chases like a man possessed. He tackles. He throws his body on the line. He's humble and understated. He embodies what this club is about. He's a heart & soul player. Something you wouldn't dream of associating Nahas with during his time at Punt Road.

By the way he's playing, we can well and truly now see that Robbie is doing US a favour by playing for the club. Not the other way around. But I can't see him thinking that way anytime soon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his first half wasn't real flash, decision making and kicking were well down.

More than made up for it in the 2nd half though. Got a lot of Love for Robbie his pressure is excellent.

Yep another great game by nahas, as rohan Connolly tweeted last night we look a better team with him in it.
He has cemented his spot in our best 22.

No he hasn't Ziebull.

In a post game interview vs Brisvegas, he was quite clear where he stands in this team… knows he is one bad/ poor game away from getting dropped and that's the way it should be.

He has worked hard on his game to earn his spot that isn't limited to roving the crumbs. Happy to read that many North supporters have appreciated his run & carry along with the VITAL ONE percenters like chasing and pressure presence. Can kick the ball from 50+… that goal in the last Q that virtually slammed the gate shut was outstanding. If that was kicked by the AFL's most decorated players, you can bet your life that commentators would of BLOWN their LOAD TWICe over..

Loved Nahas' game vs cats. Has gone to the Boomer school of adding depth to his kicking and has happily added some of his pre-North offensive strength to his North era defensive pressure.

Said a few weeks ago I'd love to see Robin, LT and Kayne in the same side consistently as it'd really capitalise on our tall brigade and also create great pressure and this is proving to be the case.

Back