Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is his speed in chasing down the opposition players that is most valuable in creating the pressure even without the tackling, which is solid anyway. Strange one for me has been how he has lost the hungries around goal, which was what hurt us in the past when he played for the Tiges. Guess he is trying to earn his stripes as a team man, or perhaps he is being instructed. Would like to see him take on the big sticks more, as it seemed his missed shots on Friday were partly due to his uncertainty about whether to look for a pass or take the shot.

Would probably give it to Ballantyne & Walters at Freo if both were fit. But on recent form, I reckon we've got the best combo going around - Nahas provides the pressure, the midfield minutes and can kick a goal himself, whereas Lindsay is just about the best small in the comp as a goalkicker (Breust ahead at the moment, Wingard too if you consider him a small forward).

Thoughts? Am I being too chuffed?

100734-nope3.gif

Who's he working as a duo with? Rioli? Also injured. Hmm. Maybe we're winning this one by default.
Puopolo. I would rate both (Bruest and Puopolo) better than their North equivalent this year

It's hard to work out who is actually a small forward these days...as many, like Nahas, play well up the ground, and some like Monfries, Breust, Thomas can often play as leading, marking targets. Although some are injured, I reckon there are a few combinations a step ahead of our two.

1. Wingard & Monfries
2. Rioli & Breust
3. Ballantyne & Walters
4. Matera & Bennell
5. Thomas & Nahas

Does anyone know why Richmond got rid of him?
If it was because Jake King jumped in front of him, it seems a little short sighted to me, as there is a fair bit of discussion on the Tigers board that King may retire or should be retired.

Hasn't surprised me at all.

Richmond have a losing culture. Anything that comes from the Tigers with a bit of skill will always flourish wearing new colours and in a better environment. Their kind is used to losing, used to shrugging the shoulders when things go bad. Look at Jay Schulz. Look at Matt White. Although, DON'T look at Tambling, Oakley-Nicholls, Collins ;)

Keep it up Robin.

Not sure we are in any position at the moment to be potting other clubs about culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with these sentiments and combines well with Linday. Hard to see a spot when Wells/McMillan come back though. Unless we drop a tall forward, go with 2 talls and leave him in the forward line as an extra crumber.

Would probably give it to Ballantyne & Walters at Freo if both were fit. But on recent form, I reckon we've got the best combo going around - Nahas provides the pressure, the midfield minutes and can kick a goal himself, whereas Lindsay is just about the best small in the comp as a goalkicker (Breust ahead at the moment, Wingard too if you consider him a small forward).

Thoughts? Am I being too chuffed?
Might be worth watching a Port Adel game boss.

Bit late but I thought Nahas deserved a big toast for the way he went about playing his old side. Booed by the crowd, knocked over by any excuse for a player in yellow and black that got near him, poleaxed by Martin but wee Robin let all that negativity run off him like water on a duck's back and ended up in the bests with 18 touches, 4 tackles and 2 goals.
We'll look back at him shoving it up the Tiges to take back the lead with that cool-headed goal as one of the best moments of the year.

There was a passage where he contested and spoiled Maric.

This is what I want to see from the whole 22 every week.

176cm 70kgs vs 200cm 102kgs

It is unreasonable to expect him to out mark Maric, it is reasonable to expect him to go if its his turn. He did, the ball spoiled.

We have 22 players take that sort of attitude for 4 quarters a week, we beat everybody.

I think the bit I loved most was when he stopped in his tracks, won the free kick, ump payed advantage Cunners gaoled, and Nahas went spare sticking it right up em!!! Left everyone in no doubt where his allegiances lie. Love him in the team, a very shrewd pick up.

There was a passage where he contested and spoiled Maric.

This is what I want to see from the whole 22 every week.

176cm 70kgs vs 200cm 102kgs

It is unreasonable to expect him to out mark Maric, it is reasonable to expect him to go if its his turn. He did, the ball spoiled.

We have 22 players take that sort of attitude for 4 quarters a week, we beat everybody.
Yep this!!! Thought the exact same thing... Come to think of it he had crap loads of good bits this week. LT back this week, and those two up forward will crush the crows.

Back