Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Dal have an Aaron Edwards like game against the Saints though? Blowie and Robbie were keen to strut their stuff but I'm not sure if Dal will be the same head space. He's a pro but I think it'll be interesting.

As long as he doesn't cry like the smack dealers son.

One of the 30 minute thrillers shown this week was thew Richmond v Gold Coast (Karmichael Hunt) game. Robbie played that game and managed to kick 4 goals. Funny to see that comeback loss after their loss on the weekend though.

His celebration following that goal was something else. Arms out to the faithful.

I would've gone nuts if that was in front of me and I was in the crowd.

I heard an interview with him on MMM, Monday morning. I'm not going to do it justice because I can't think of his exact words or the players involved, but when asked about all the niggle on Sunday night he said something like,

"Yeah that was my fault, player 1 gave me a shove so I hit him, then player 2 came up to me so I hit him and player 3 came over so I hit him too."

Sounds like Mal Brown

He has been brilliant when you consider he was a back up when we didn't get Betts.

I doubt Betts would have offered much more so far on 5 times the salary.
The thing he brings that Betts doesn't is a presence up the ground particularly through his chasing, harassing and tackling plus his speed to break free. Looking at those 2011 stats with the Tiges, he was obviously a gun until things gradually started to drop off. His speed was always the attraction in getting him to the club but his mongrel and intensity has been the welcome surprise. Looks a great pickup and makes for a great trio of pickups from other clubs with NDS, Nahas, and Tippett, all of who copped different degrees of criticism (mind you with NDS it was mostly about not giving up too much to St Kilda) during the trade period but have proved the skeptics wrong, in spades.

331574.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His celebration following that goal was something else. Arms out to the faithful.

I would've gone nuts if that was in front of me and I was in the crowd.
It was in front of me and I was jumping around like an idiot.

Although there is nothing really similar about them or their situation he reminds me a little of Leigh Harding.
In that both were on last chance saloon and both were small speedy forward types.
Rob moved to another club, Leigh moved to the backline which was foreign to him.
Both then proceeded to bring the best form of their careers however the biggest surprise came in the form of their hardness and mongrel which nobody knew they had in them.

No doubt he would have been stung by the vision of him not contested against Hurn in the WCE game.
Has been very good, but sometimes blazes away inside forward 50m when the handball is on, but he would've felt pressure to contribute and get the ball going forward quickly. Something to work on for him, but also most of our team have done this.

Would have been great had he pointed to the Richmond coaching box after kicking a goal himself! :)

Back