Player Watch #28: Taylor Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

timper12

Senior List
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Forgive me if theres another thread about hunt here..

I dont really get the deal with hunt and why hes still getting a game? Hes got pretty low class, he usually stuffs up the kick or handball, and when he does kick it, it goes long. Hes not really all that fast, he seems very slow sometimes. All this i could forgive if he was hard as nails. But, hes just not. Hes ok but hes no miles.

Am i missing something? I just dont get the upside to this guy. He was good the first game and ok the second and has just gone downhill since. He finds the ball often enough but surely theres someone like mcdonough who could come in and do his role? Is he just a stop gap for conca?

I dont really get the deal with hunt and why hes still getting a game? Hes got pretty low class, he usually stuffs up the kick or handball, and when he does kick it, it goes long. Hes not really all that fast, he seems very slow sometimes. All this i could forgive if he was hard as nails. But, hes just not. Hes ok but hes no miles.

Am i missing something? I just dont get the upside to this guy. He was good the first game and ok the second and has just gone downhill since. He finds the ball often enough but surely theres someone like mcdonough who could come in and do his role? Is he just a stop gap for conca?

He's not hard at it? Yep you've missed something.
Obvious flaws but he's got a motor that runs on high for a long time. Can play a stopping role, takes no s**t, annoys the crap out of his opponent.
A soldier so no need to compare with more classy game breakers.
Does a role and gives his all.

He does his role pretty well and except for the odd clanger (he's not robinson crusoe there unfortunately) he's pretty effective. He knows where to run and gets in good spots to run and carry (which I don't think is his go really). I watch him a lot on replays as he's hard to notice live if he isn't stuffing up and I think he's pretty effective.

However, I'm no fan of him really and his spot is definitely one that is up for grabs. Hunt is a quality depth player compared to some of the squibs we have played in previous years.... When Conca, C.Ellis and our new A grade mid (doozy, FA whatever) arrives, he'll find it tough imo.... but he performs reasonably well (not in Cotch, Lids, Dusty terms but for what you'd expect from him) most weeks. He isn't an offensive weapon but does his job imo....

He's doing fine. Not good enough in the midfield but in the backline he's valuable and created a good mix of run, dash, defensive and offensive work with the other small types Vlastuin and Houli. Needs to continue to focus on being clean with his disposal but I wouldn't want to replace him with a Dea, etc.

Best thing about him is that he received a text from Motlop on Tuesday morning. "Will the number 32 be available next year?". Motlop though has strong ties at Port as well, but for Geelong fans that signals the end for him I reckon.

In a playing sense though he hasn't been a bad pick up. Played his role.

He's not hard at it? Yep you've missed something.
Obvious flaws but he's got a motor that runs on high for a long time. Can play a stopping role, takes no s**t, annoys the crap out of his opponent.
A soldier so no need to compare with more classy game breakers.
Does a role and gives his all.
Exactly.
He dosnt do anything outstanding but he does everything ok.
He is hard at it and is defensively minded. Under rated IMO.
He will be better again next year

Best thing about him is that he received a text from Motlop on Tuesday morning. "Will the number 32 be available next year?". Motlop though has strong ties at Port as well, but for Geelong fans that signals the end for him I reckon.

In a playing sense though he hasn't been a bad pick up. Played his role.
Hope your not joking mate, (wish you weren't) but wouldn't mind Motlop in our premiership defense next year;)

Exactly.
He dosnt do anything outstanding but he does everything ok.
He is hard at it and is defensively minded. Under rated IMO.
He will be better again next year

Maybe ive been a bit harsh but underrated? hmm dunno....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back