Delisted #29: Alwyn Davey- Not offered a contract for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So why is Davey our of favour? In his last game he kicked a couple of goals and got 4 tackles. I don't care what "extras" Kommer does each week, surely he cannot be a better pick than a small forward who will kick a few goals each game? What gives?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why he is a) not in and b) not being given the chance to get to 100 games.. who knows what one of his millions of kids might become...

Seems a really silly and short sighted decision for mine.. its not like he is so bad that we are losing heaps in the trade off between Davey and Kommer or Davey and Merrett.. baffling

The small forward position is the only one causing me angst at the moment.. sometimes I feel like I am the only one who is not being swept up in the Kommer Mania.. I don't know what photo's he has of Hird but they must be good..

Seriously, the focus on getting him to 100 game is ridiculous. You pick guys on merit. There is absolutely no guarantee any of his kids will be any good. Admittedly, he has merit for selection, but that's what he should be picked on.

Seriously, the focus on getting him to 100 game is ridiculous. You pick guys on merit. There is absolutely no guarantee any of his kids will be any good. Admittedly, he has merit for selection, but that's what he should be picked on.

I think (well, I hope) that some people do it with a healthy dose of tongue in cheek.

I think (well, I hope) that some people do it with a healthy dose of tongue in cheek.

Not really, hes got 4, who knows if he increases on that. The chances of one of those kids being good are well worth gifting him 4 more games even if he is slightly behind Mez and Kommer. The games I would've gifted him are WBD/GWS and then two of NM/Scum/WCE/Collingwood.

Will Davey survive the cut at years end now that he has cracked 100 games?

Not sure. Personally I think he should be concentrating on getting back on the job with the missus - this footy team won't build itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back