Delisted #29: Cory Dell'Olio

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
560507_3853916565236_377197092_n.jpg

Some have it Cory, others Corey. Others Dellolio. Going with Cory.

Articles:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/12345145/dell-olio-touches-down-at-bombers/
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/10042572/wafl-draft-watch-cory-dell-olio/

Pick 29: Cory Dell'Olio, South Fremantle
DOB: 8/12/89
Height: 175cm
Weight: 81kg
Dodoro says: "Cory kicked 57 goals in the WAFL last year and is a freakish small forward who's strong, quick and has good goal sense. He has been on our radar for a couple of years."
Snoop Dog:
# 63 Western Bulldogs - Corey Dell'olio (South Fremantle - small fwd)

22 yo who has come along really well and who I caught a few times this year. Ended up with something like 50+ goals and has been largely unheralded. Maybe a bit like Patrick Rose in that he isnt your classic crumber he is more your power small fwd like Mark WIlliams or Paul Medhurst was. Still he brings something and would be a chance in the rookie on what I saw.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22708634

¥øU®_†£åM on Bblitz:

Corey Dell-olio, 21 years old Small/Medium Forward
Midsized/small forward from South Fremantle that can find the sticks from pretty much anywhere. He has booted 50 goals from 19 games so far this year, improved his defensive chasing drastically and scored an invite to the draft screening in WA.
+

He's a small forward that kicks goals from anywhere and chases. Not scared of contact too.

Would be very happy if we gave him a shot.
Other research was hard, a) because he's a mature player and b) all the ways to spell his name. Rather annoying I wasn't able to find anything by Chris25 on him. Although I didn't look too hard. I was able to find out that while he's good at finding the sticks, speed might perhaps be a problem.

Re: Cory Dell'olio

Hes quite a stocky well built guy 80+kg but only 175cm just a tad taller than Colyer. Im not sure if i would like him to lose a few extra kilos which may happen under an AFL preseason naturally or i want him to maintain that weight as he is also quite a good player on the lead, strong with his hands similar to someone like Osborne, Mark Williams.

I think he probably got drafted on the fact that he improved on his defensive side to his game, tackling and pressure. Always been able to kick a goal.

I like Snoops description i didnt even read it and he mentioned Mark Williams and Medhurst which is correct.

Hes quite a stocky well built guy 80+kg but only 175cm just a tad taller than Colyer. Im not sure if i would like him to lose a few extra kilos which may happen under an AFL preseason naturally or i want him to maintain that weight as he is also quite a good player on the lead, strong with his hands similar to someone like Osborne, Mark Williams.

I think he probably got drafted on the fact that he improved on his defensive side to his game, tackling and pressure. Always been able to kick a goal.

I like Snoops description i didnt even read it and he mentioned Mark Williams and Medhurst which is correct.

Is definitely around the 180cm mark, plays taller than what he is too. He's a pretty hard worker and will make the most of any opportunity he gets, think you guys will look back in a few months and consider him a real steel

Will definately put pressure on Alwyn Davey if he has a good year at VFL level. Looking forward to seeing him slaughter some of the VFL sides!!!

Was pretty decent yesterday. Does Essendon have any spots on the list to upgrade him from the rookie list? Will watch over rest of NAB but he looks like a good DT pick if he gets a game.

Was pretty decent yesterday. Does Essendon have any spots on the list to upgrade him from the rookie list? Will watch over rest of NAB but he looks like a good DT pick if he gets a game.

Pris and Gumby are on the LTI list until Round 2, so quite possibly, given that Hird was impressed.

I hope he's a real pest. We need a niggly little forwardline pest who can actually do damage. One of the few people whose cut of jib I liked yesterday.

any relation to that Carlton player from the 90's?

Ron?

We've got two long term injuries (Gumby & Prismall), so he'll be upgraded if he keeps that up.

Great start. He's already gone past Davey on that performance :eek:

Ahahahaha was about to post just that. :D

Re: #47: Cory Dell'Olio - Our new small forward?

Actually thought davey played well against freo, one of our only actually
and im quite the davey critic

Definitely like how cory played. Would like to see him play 15+ games this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much of a crumber, but more of a Williams-Osbourne type as others have stated. Hopefully he can also stand at the feet of Hurley, Ryder et al.

How is lil Dell going? according to the VFL website kicked 3 yesterday but has only played 4 games since April 1st. Been injured?

He was good in the VFL, but he doesn't crumb much, although he is nippy. Davey would want to play a whole lot better against the Swans or Del will take his place.

was very good in the second half yesterday, very polished customer.
took a brilliant one handed mark as well, held off his opponent and protected the drop beautifully. accurate set shot as well.

My old man and I have been waiting for a smooth moving, understatedly arrogant Italian that can barely kick it over a jam tin to replace Mercuri for years now.

That second half from Dell'Olio is about as close as we are going to get.

In all seriousness, this guy can really play the game but I just don't know where he is going to fit in. We need our small forwards to be very fast and very defensive. The midsized roles are ultimately going to be shared between Crameri, Ryder, Hurley and Gumby.

Dell'Olio seems more of a Milne/Le Cras small than a genuine fast crumber who will lay 5 to 10 tackles a match. I recon he will therefore struggle to get into best 22 calculations.

Good overhead, aggressive, and tough.

Might get another run if either Davey or Jetta string together more tripe. I wouldn't argue.

They're all talking about this competition for spots since everyone's fit. It'd be neat if this were reflected in some more aggressive, horses-for-courses changes down the line from the selection panel. Which doesn't mean next week obviously, just when the crips start whacking later in the year.

2 goals for Dell back home at Subi.

How do we rate his work? 2 goals is a decent enough return for a third-gamer, I think. The two set shots were a bit wild, but not exactly easy (and he wasn't alone... the Monfries and Stanton attempts were comical).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back