Delisted #29: Cory Dell'Olio

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't there like a free rookie upgrade after round 11 or somethin?
I checked this the other day (just on Wikipedia), couldn't see anything so assumed it had been scrapped. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Might get lambasted for this but we need to get the new slim lined Corey Dell back into the seniors as soon as possible.

Every time I see him in the VFL he just makes things happen. Either setting team mates up, or kicking them himself.

On the Corey D train from now
He's always killed it in the Veef, and struggled in the seniors. Has anything changed lately to make you say that?

He is a hell of a lot skinnier this year and have seen him spend some time up the ground in the (limited) VFL games he's played.

We have really missed Winders, Chappy (or Dell) but would love to see him get another chance.

Sure, he'll never be a star, but he has never been a 5 - possession spud either.

my big thing with dell'olio was always his fitness and his kicking (to be frank, he reminded me of a shorter version of myself as a footballer) he's exceptionally clever around the goals, and would be one of the more natural forwards on our list.

Having said that, the amount of times he'd be absolutely gassed after 1-2 efforts and as a result fluff a crucial kick going forward were too often to count in the past.

It's good to hear that he's kept continually shedding weight as he's built up the pre-seasons

Might get lambasted for this but we need to get the new slim lined Corey Dell back into the seniors as soon as possible.

Every time I see him in the VFL he just makes things happen. Either setting team mates up, or kicking them himself.

On the Corey D train from now

He did this last year. Kicked 41 goals and set up many others. Came into the seniors and was not able to recreate that type of form. Not sure what would've changed now.

He did this last year. Kicked 41 goals and set up many others. Came into the seniors and was not able to recreate that type of form. Not sure what would've changed now.

Not all 23 y.o's come into the seniors and play at a high level immediately (see Mark Baugley).

He is showing great signs and looks dangerous whenever he is near/with the ball.

Im not saying he is an answer, nor am I saying he is going to be a permanent fixture for years to come, all I am suggesting is that he would be more dangerous than some guys currently in that same role (midfielders playing forward).

To be fair to him, he played up forward in a team that knew that finals were off the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D'aureole is back!

Watching him on the weekend in the VFL was interesting.

His tackling and pressure was great and he won most of his 1on1's with nouse and strength.

Where he fell down was field kicking and decision making inside 50.

Still I think he's worth another shot, will provide some good forward pressure.

Needs to get Winders to show him some decision making skills though.

his decision making or those kicking it to him?
To be totally honest im basing my observations on the 1 VFL game ive seen this year which was last week. For a more detailed/accurate analysis i would refer to eth-dog , yaco55 and BrunoV. But from what I saw of him last and this year, in his eagerness he can go for the low percentage option (eg. stab pass to a leading player with no space, playing on when you should just calm down) in the forward half after doing good work to beat his man.
Also, yes I noticed some classic bombers poor decision making kicking it high to him 4on1 against in the forward 50. Gotta chuckle at that.
Looking forward to what he can do. We've had some very poor forward pressure games this year.

I've only seen 1 or 2 of his VFL games this year. The thing is that he's finding the ball on the deck more often from the 2 games rather than his usual lead-up game. His tank also has seemed to increase (for me anyway) and he's getting to the right spots more often. I think he and Orazio are going to be our Licha and Chappy replacements. Orazio looks like a very exciting prospect.

He was one of the only guys keeping me interested during a lackluster performance against Tigers VFL. I commented on other websites that he had just about earned a recall. Good to see him get it.

Well done Cory, find a way in and give em hell.

I can only judge Dell by his AFL games. My concern has always been his pace or lack of - This is an important attribute for a small forward - I would both Dell and Steinberg to get 4 or 5 games in the second half of the year - We need to make an accurate assessment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back