Past Heath Scotland

Remove this Banner Ad

29. Heath Scotland

scotland_heath_o.png

DOB: 21/7/1980

Height: 182cm

Weight: 82kg

Draft History: Pick 44 (Collingwood), 1998 National Draft. Traded by Collingwood to Carlton for pick 35 in the 2003 National Draft.

Recruited From: Darley/Western U18/Collingwood

Debut: Round 3, 1999 vs West Coast

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Hi Guys.

Heath is My Buddy player for the year. Just some background info to begin with (courtesy CFC webiste - player profile)

Heath Scotland

Fast Facts

Jumper No: 29
Height: 182
Weight: 85
DOB: 1980-07-21 00:00:00
Recruited From: Darley/Western U18/Collingwood
Career Matches: 94
Career Goals: 32

About

Made an indifferent start to his second season with Carlton, his cause not helped by a two-game suspension that kept him out of rounds four and five. Returned for four games, but was dropped to the VFL, a reminder that nothing is a given, even in a struggling side. To his credit, he played his best football in the second half of the season and finished seventh in the best and fairest. Has signed for a further two years.

Records

Brownlow Medal: 2005 votes 1; career votes 13.

Previous AFL club: Collingwood (1999-2003: 53 games, 10 goals).

Draft history: 1998 National AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Collingwood) No. 44 overall traded by Sydney for No. 3 (Nic Fosdike); 2003 NAB AFL Draft traded by Collingwood for No. 35 (Brent Hall).

Awards Honours
Pre-season premiership side 2005.

2006 Home & Away Totals

Matches: 22
Goals: 5
Marks: 155
Disposals: 598
Kicks: 373

To see how much better he has become since coming across from the Pies have a loko at his season splits:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-carlton-blues--heath-scotland

After a disruptive start to this pre-season with off field incidents, Heath was cleared of any wrong doing (something not reported as widely as the speculation he had done something wrong).

He started to produce somewhere near his best against the Roos last week.
With so much run now in our back line it will be interesting to see if his role changes from the "get it to" guy to deliver from D50, to the first receiver at the packs to give it out to the runners (Walker, Simmo, Stevo, Lappin, Waite, T-Bird........actually, all our defenders love a run!!!!!)

Look forward to a ripping 2007 from a guy that may become the forgotten man of our Half back/midfield rotations.

Analysis of his NAB cup final to come. Here is his semi-final possie's (adapted from another post)

Heath Scotland vs Roos. 28 possessions (13 kicks, 15 handballs)
The Summary - 13 kicks, 5 short, 8 long, all forwards of his own position, 4 I50.
18 of Heath's 28 possessions either went I50, marked at F50 or resulted in going I50 after another player's possession.

Ineffective? What a joke.

Heaths possessions by quarter in the Roos Semi final
The Deatils:

1st Q - Playing on ball, running forwards with Wells.
  1. Handball - gathers loose ball in fwd pocket, immediately tackled by two Roos defenders, gets handball away towards Murph - unable to gather - throw in.
  2. Handball - gathers at CHB and handballs sideways to Stevens, continues to run forward to get possie #3
  3. Kick - h/b receive from Stevo, under pressure kicks 20m inside 50, Lappin drops mark, Betts misses crumb, Fev holds ball in when should have knocked out to advantage. Ball up F50
  4. Kick - In 2 on 1 contest with Cloke. Cloke marks, h/b to Scotty, inside 50 with kick, Fisher drops mark, Gibbs gets free from loose ball and miss kicks from 50
  5. Kick - first receiver off pack at CHB, 1 bounce, delivers to Kouta in centre of ground with 30m kick. Kouta t/o under no pressure.
  6. Hnadball - from the wing gathers ball, 5m pass back to T-bird, clear to fat side of ground, into attack
  7. Kick - receives off pack at F50, 40m kick I50 to Fev/Fish marking contest
2nd Q - Playing on Outer Wing vs Wells

1. Handball - centre corridor middle of ground, pass to Whitnall, runs on to F50
  2. Kick - Marks 45m out, called play on/touched off boot. Misses to left with quick kick
  3. Kick - Marks on outer wing fwd of centre, pushed in back as kicks I50, follows up to see OOB.
3rd Q - Playing wing and in middle
  1. Kick - Roves opening bounce, kicks from behind centre sq, Hartlett marks on F50 who wastes kick to Fev near GS
  2. Kick - receive h/b from Betts at HFF, 20m kick to Harts who marks just outside F50. Misses shot on goal
  3. Kick - Wins centre clearance, 50m kick, Fev marks 20m out, goals
  4. Handball - centre clearnace to acland, kicks I50
  5. Handball - marks fwd of centre, plays on to wing to Stevens in space, Roos numbers across half back. No targets - held up.
  6. Kick - Outer wing, hard ball get, scrambles kick while being tavkled by two Roos, Murphey gathers loose ball, kick spoiled
4th Q - Starting at CHB
  1. Kick - receives handball from Russell near wing, 20m pass to Murph - kicks to Fev lead I50
  2. Handball - Roos fwd pocket throw in, hard ball get gets it off whilst being tackled to Hoops, to Cloke, kick to F50
  3. Kick - receives h/b at CHB, blazes kick to outer wing. Roos mark - t/o
  4. Kick - picks up loose ball from O'hAilpin spoil at CHB, 50m+ pass hits Simmo on the chest, I50 to Fisher Mark - hits post
  5. Handball - slipping as tackled, h/b to advantage - locked in for bounce.
  6. Kick - receives h/b at CHB. 50m kick to F50. Carrazzo wins free in contest
  7. Handball - receives h/b in centre, goes backwards 20m with h/b to open T-bird - hits kouta - hits gibbs - to I 50 marking contest with Fev
  8. Kick - 30 from fwd of centre to Stevens running to F50, narrowly misses 9 pointer.
  9. Handball - tackled on ground as gathers ball - bounce after re-gathers own disposal
  10. Handball - gathers loose ball from contest at CHB. Under pressure chain of handballs to T-bird to Lappin to Bentick back to Scotty
  11. Handball - receive from Bentick (as for possie 10), goes back to Bentick, to Tex in open, hits Fisher at F50.
  12. Handball - receives handball, passes to Hoops then to Harts, kicks to Lappin on F50, to Fev I50.
Massive when it mattered them most in the 4th Q.

Analysis of his NAB cup final to come. Here is his semi-final possie's (adapted from another post)

Heath Scotland vs Roos. 28 possessions (13 kicks, 15 handballs)
The Summary - 13 kicks, 5 short, 8 long, all forwards of his own position, 4 I50.
18 of Heath's 28 possessions either went I50, marked at F50 or resulted in going I50 after another player's possession.

Ineffective? What a joke.

Heaths possessions by quarter in the Roos Semi final
The Deatils:

1st Q - Playing on ball, running forwards with Wells.
  1. Handball - gathers loose ball in fwd pocket, immediately tackled by two Roos defenders, gets handball away towards Murph - unable to gather - throw in.
  2. Handball - gathers at CHB and handballs sideways to Stevens, continues to run forward to get possie #3
  3. Kick - h/b receive from Stevo, under pressure kicks 20m inside 50, Lappin drops mark, Betts misses crumb, Fev holds ball in when should have knocked out to advantage. Ball up F50
  4. Kick - In 2 on 1 contest with Cloke. Cloke marks, h/b to Scotty, inside 50 with kick, Fisher drops mark, Gibbs gets free from loose ball and miss kicks from 50
  5. Kick - first receiver off pack at CHB, 1 bounce, delivers to Kouta in centre of ground with 30m kick. Kouta t/o under no pressure.
  6. Hnadball - from the wing gathers ball, 5m pass back to T-bird, clear to fat side of ground, into attack
  7. Kick - receives off pack at F50, 40m kick I50 to Fev/Fish marking contest
2nd Q - Playing on Outer Wing vs Wells
  1. Handball - centre corridor middle of ground, pass to Whitnall, runs on to F50
  2. Kick - Marks 45m out, called play on/touched off boot. Misses to left with quick kick
  3. Kick - Marks on outer wing fwd of centre, pushed in back as kicks I50, follows up to see OOB.
3rd Q - Playing wing and in middle
  1. Kick - Roves opening bounce, kicks from behind centre sq, Hartlett marks on F50 who wastes kick to Fev near GS
  2. Kick - receive h/b from Betts at HFF, 20m kick to Harts who marks just outside F50. Misses shot on goal
  3. Kick - Wins centre clearance, 50m kick, Fev marks 20m out, goals
  4. Handball - centre clearnace to acland, kicks I50
  5. Handball - marks fwd of centre, plays on to wing to Stevens in space, Roos numbers across half back. No targets - held up.
  6. Kick - Outer wing, hard ball get, scrambles kick while being tavkled by two Roos, Murphey gathers loose ball, kick spoiled
4th Q - Starting at CHB
  1. Kick - receives handball from Russell near wing, 20m pass to Murph - kicks to Fev lead I50
  2. Handball - Roos fwd pocket throw in, hard ball get gets it off whilst being tackled to Hoops, to Cloke, kick to F50
  3. Kick - receives h/b at CHB, blazes kick to outer wing. Roos mark - t/o
  4. Kick - picks up loose ball from O'hAilpin spoil at CHB, 50m+ pass hits Simmo on the chest, I50 to Fisher Mark - hits post
  5. Handball - slipping as tackled, h/b to advantage - locked in for bounce.
  6. Kick - receives h/b at CHB. 50m kick to F50. Carrazzo wins free in contest
  7. Handball - receives h/b in centre, goes backwards 20m with h/b to open T-bird - hits kouta - hits gibbs - to I 50 marking contest with Fev
  8. Kick - 30 from fwd of centre to Stevens running to F50, narrowly misses 9 pointer.
  9. Handball - tackled on ground as gathers ball - bounce after re-gathers own disposal
  10. Handball - gathers loose ball from contest at CHB. Under pressure chain of handballs to T-bird to Lappin to Bentick back to Scotty
  11. Handball - receive from Bentick (as for possie 10), goes back to Bentick, to Tex in open, hits Fisher at F50.
  12. Handball - receives handball, passes to Hoops then to Harts, kicks to Lappin on F50, to Fev I50.
Massive when it mattered them most in the 4th Q.

Wowser, impressive work :thumbsu:

It's amazing the lengths that ignorant opposition supporters will drive a man to :p :D

Wowser, impressive work :thumbsu:

It's amazing the lengths that ignorant opposition supporters will drive a man to :p :D

Yeah I got a bit hot under the collar. Happens rarely, got kicked off the Hawks board last time it happenned. Takes the good with the bad.:thumbsu:

Heath Scotland vs Brisbane Lions. 17 possessions (13 kicks, 4 handballs)
The Summary - 13 kicks, 6 short, 7 long, 2 I50.
8 of Heath's 17 possessions either went I50, marked at F50 or resulted in going I50 after another player's possession.

Not Scotty's best game. Walker seemed to provide most of the run out of defence, along with Hoops, and rather uncharacteristically has some turnovers, and poor decisions - still did some great work though.

Heaths possessions by quarter in the NAB cup final
Have added in the 1%ers for a change

The Deatils:

1st Q - Playing on half back on Harding (had 2 possesions for the 1stQ).

1% - Effects spoil on Browny as 2nd man up, Sherman (Walkers man) runs onto loose ball and goals with Tex on his heels
  1. Kick - mark from kick in in left back pocket. 30m pass to corridor, chipped up to Gibbs - poor decision, poor kick, Gibbs in 2on1 and can't take mark - turnover.
  2. Kick - kick in from behind, 45m pass hits Tex on chest
  3. Kick - h/b receive from boundary throw in, 50m kick inside 50, marked by Merrit alone - turnover. Commentator berrates JK for not running to that position to compete.
1% - spoil in centre of ground to hold BL up, lose ball pressure results in t/o to blues.

Crossisca pulls Scotty aside after Q time players address.

2nd Q - Playing on Moody in HBP
  1. Kick - GOOOAAALLL. H/b receive from Kennedy who did well to rove a drop mark from Fev. Left foot snap 40m across body from Scotty - goal of the night until Russell's.
1% - Rush OOB in D50 outnumbered

2. Kick - Marks kick in. Switches play to opposite pocket. Switched back and cleared to wing/HFF.
3. Kick - Marks on wing. No options up field, called to play on - contested possession with Stevens and OOB on HFF.
1% - Got into the lead path of Browny to contest ball - spillage from contest
1% - spoil on Shmidt in cente of ground
4. Kick - gathers crumb from pack in middle of ground, closely manned, throws onto boot - deflects off BL player - ball up with ensuing pack.
1% - crashed pack, gathered hard ball, handpass deflected, pack, bounce.
5. Kick - Simmo runs onto loose ball, h/b to Scotty, kick lands short of leading Hartlett on the wing - OOB.

3rd Q - Playing across HB on Moody, then Harding

1% - Tackled JB after he gathered a spoiled mark I50
  1. Kick - Marks on wing. 30m pass to JK, kicks I50 to pack - Russell goal
  2. Handball - h/b receive at D50 - quick hands to Tex - to
    Murph, kicks to Red on F50, kicks to Fisher - goal
  3. Kick - short across HBF, spoiled and OOB
  4. Handball - ran hard to receive from Waite, h/b 20m bacwards to O'hAiplin, kicks into centre corridor, I 50, Fev goal. For those following the debate THIS IS NOT A SOFT POSSESSION. Great switch results in a goal. Had he gone forward it would have been contested and possibly turnover.
  5. Handball - h/b receive under pressure, gets handball away with 1xBL tackler, Russell receives, kicks to FEV I 50
4th Q - Starting at CHB

Fumbled loose ball at CHB, t/o results in JB goal
  1. Kick - h/b receive in centre sq., kick to HF - I50
  2. Kick - H/b receive from Stevo in C.sq., kick to HF. Harts free kick
  3. Kick - 15m to Carrazzo from HBF to centre corridor after marks kick in. Carrazz kick to HFF
  4. Handball - Mark kick in from BL - I50 with next h/b
Again, not Scotty at his best, but not lousy either. What impresses me is the number of times when he is involved early in a chain - we get I50 and often goals.
Shows that often the decisions he makes are very good interms of ability to get forward/I50.
He was key in the run we got in the third Q, and was probably his best patch for the game.
When he was down a bit in the first half his 1%ers were quite high - working hard to get into the game.

I probably won't be able to do this detail t/o the season, but time permitting we'll see (house reno's, masters, new baby).:thumbsu:

This is what Heath Scotland cost us in the 2003 draft.:D

Brent Hall

297000af.jpg

Guernsy Numer - 40
Height - 198cm
Weight - 97kg
Recruited from - South Freemantle (WA)
Debut - 15/07/05 - R16 vs Essendon

Brent Hall (born January 7, 1986) WAS :)D ) an Australian Rules Footballer in the Australian Football League.
A big man, Hall was drafted by Collingwood in the 2003 National draft. He was given time to develop at Williamstown during his first season at the club, but didn't show too much form. Used as a key position player at both ends of the ground in 2005 in the VFL, he was lucky to make his debut due to lack of height. Playing as a ruckman, he spent little time on the ground, having little impact.
He would be kept on the list in 2006, but didn't manage to play any games for the club, and was delisted at the end of the year.

Go Blues :thumbsu:

Heath Scotland vs Richmond

Heath was down in the first half with only 5 possies, (mis)matched with Petifer, who was too strong over head, and got away from him a couple of times.
The second half Heath pushed up the ground more and was again pivotal in the third (5possies) and fourth (10 possies) quarters when we needed him to stand up the most.
His desperation in getting a loose ball in the fourth saw him fling himself across a Tiges player and dish the ball to Stevo - swung it out to Lappin, silky smooth dish to Waite for a cracking goal on the run.

Possessions - 20 (13 Kicks, 7 handballs) compared to 2006 avg (17 kicks, 10 h/b)
6 marks, 4 I50, 2 tackles, 1 spoil, 4 errors

As tipped in my first post, I think the new attacking backline with Walker and T-bird providing so much run is causinf heath to adjust his role in the side, but he is standing up when we need him the most.

Still has improvement left in him this season - playing at 75% IMO.:thumbsu:

Malthouse never rated Scotland because of his perceived lack of defensive skills, not many Pie supporters agreed with him at the time and even less now. As for Hall most 3nd round picks are duds, but you may just as easily have picked up RISCHITELLI with that pick had you kept it, it's a dart throw

Round 2 vs Geelong.

Eeeeeeekk!

Scotty was our best player tonight, but the shear volume of ball coming down into the cats forward line meant he had his work cut out.

37 possessions
18 Kicks, 19 handballs, 13 marks.

To flat to report much more.....:(

Of Scotties 10 first Q possies - 8 of them resulted in play going to or inside F50, including 2 inside 50 and two shots on goal. (Simmo butchered a lot of his work with poor disposal to the forwards).
2nd Q - 9 possies, 2 resulting in goals to Fisher, 4 to or inside 50, and 3 cleared D50.

His opponent was Joel Corey who had 32 possessions largely as a link up to the massive run that was coming through the other way.
Base don the first half (can't bring myself to analyse the second) Scotty was longer and more effective with his disposal.
Too many times, Scotties hard owrk hurt him when a possession or two later the turnover came and the run he had off his own man meant that Corey was loose - got burned going back the other way.
If only those kicking I50 (Simmo a big villain here) made better decisions and better disposal, things could have been different.

Scotland played well when it counted. Really admire his courage, always goes back with the flight of the ball and continuously puts his body on the line. Very solid player, and we'd be pretty stuck without his presence.

Also like to note that he is second behind Andrew McLeod in the leading disposals for the season thus far, and is highest at our club for Marks - third overrall in the comp.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland played well when it counted. Really admire his courage, always goes back with the flight of the ball and continuously puts his body on the line. Very solid player, and we'd be pretty stuck without his presence.

Also like to note that he is second behind Andrew McLeod in the leading disposals for the season thus far, and is highest at our club for Marks - third overrall in the comp.

Right on AWG, his work rate is fantastic. That run he went on down the wing, 3 bounces and then a pinpoint pass to Fevalenko was superb :thumbsu:

Yep, good post, really helped out Carlos and co. down back a few times today. Played really well, love his composure in the backline. Though I must say he was gone for all money when he was tackled in the last quarter, should have been a free. But those chumps in yellow owed us so I'm sure it evened itself out.

Scotland the brave. :thumbsu:

Thats my boy.........:thumbsu:

Loved the run on the outer wing......used the ball superbly today. Great marking at crucial times, and loads of good spoils etc to help out down back..........cracking game Scotty:thumbsu:

Scotland has been a fantastic pickup for us. He was great last year, but I feel he's gone to another level in 2007. He's doing more of the one percenters, played a bit in the midfield this week. He's so calm and composed when he has the ball, and uses the ball so well - can't think of anyone who I'd rather want to have the ball. He's an asset to have and to be honest, it outstands me that Heath Shaw is so highly rated while Scotland doesn't even rate a mention. Well done on Heath for a great start to the season :thumbsu:

Didn't think it was his best game last night.

Certainly not his worst, but missed some targets that he would normally hit, and missed (narrowly) an important shot on goal.

Would still be leading our B & F at this point but was a bit down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back