Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ability to score is the glaring deficiency.

On the plus side, it also happens to very obviously have been addressed w/ Carlisle, Daniher, Merrett, Fantasia amongst others - we just need time.

Yep, last piece of the puzzle....for some time now.

we're not going to win. there, i said it. 'DEAL WITH IT!':cool:
ibqqUJnbW4PJvG.gif

Having a point of difference will be what wins this game.

Our mids are similarly matched. Our results have been very similar (great performances against good teams - poor against lowly teams). In a 50/50 game....any one of these aspects could win you a game, or get you beaten by 6 goals.

* What we have:
- Ryder in career best form
- Some players coming in after injury and having a few games under their belts
- A settled defense
- A tough lead up game in R23

*What they have:
- More than just a one target FF line, helping out Petrie
- Wells back in the best 22
- Their bigger names and players expected to get the pill in their top 10 possession getters the last few weeks
- A few guys to come back from stinkers last week against poor opposition NDS, Patch Adams etc.

Only needs one of these things to trigger to influence the game. I heard a stat that North were one of the better teams in getting the ball from the B50 and transitioning to their F50 for 2014. This will put pressure on our back 6 - but with Hurley handling the charge up the ground and Hooker taking intercept mark, after intercept mark....there will have to be an alternate avenue to goal. Look to much of the delivery going to Brown as a third option - which will be a tough call on a rookie in his first final.

I don't mind them having all the ball between the 50's, just as long as we can strangle their scoring opportunities.

Why can't we win?, 50/50 game IMO, Jakey missing yeah a loss but still got the players to win.

I watched norf against Melbourne on the weekend, nothing special. No boomer either.

Get through this and I would LOVE to play Geelong, don't rate them at all. Cmon Dons!

Having a point of difference will be what wins this game.

Our mids are similarly matched. Our results have been very similar (great performances against good teams - poor against lowly teams). In a 50/50 game....any one of these aspects could win you a game, or get you beaten by 6 goals.

* What we have:
- Ryder in career best form
- Some players coming in after injury and having a few games under their belts
- A settled defence
- A tough lead up game in R23

Personally, I feel that our defence is the 'worst' it has been all season. Been a bit leaky over the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't say settled at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we want two-faced campaignerbags pretending to be respectful when everyone knows what their real thoughts are? Opposition posters, great, opposition trolls, get to ****.

The same goes the other way as well. I'd seriously question anyone who dedicates hours to trolling another club going onto that club's board and pretending to be sincere.
It's the classic bogan mentality.

Shits me something shocking.

What happens on other boards really is of no relevance to what happens on the Essendon board, though. It's not a race to the lowest common denominator as far as I'm concerned.

Just trust us to run the board effectively. Given everything that has happened in the past 18 months, I'd like to think we haven't done too disastrous a job.

With respect Doss, seems as though a lot of us supporters disagree with you on that one, especially regarding said poster.

With respect Doss, seems as though a lot of us supporters disagree with you on that one, especially regarding said poster.
And said supporter has been removed from the thread. They won't be posting in here again this week.

I've mentioned this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back