2nd Investec Ashes Test, Lord's - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about 20 miles from Lords. Beautiful sunshine here after a damp morning and the weather forecasters are saying less than 20% chance of rain until 12 and then less than 5% after that.

It's England and rain is always nearby so less than 5 or 20% is as good as you can hope for.

Monday is looking like overcast all day with high humidity. Hopefully the ball will swing accordingly.

Lords is slightly south-west of my place.
I'm about 20 miles from Lords. Beautiful sunshine here after a damp morning and the weather forecasters are saying less than 20% chance of rain until 12 and then less than 5% after that.

It's England and rain is always nearby so less than 5 or 20% is as good as you can hope for.

Monday is looking like overcast all day with high humidity. Hopefully the ball will swing accordingly.

I've worked it out, I'm about 3 ks from Lords and it's South West from me too. It's cool this morning, bit breezy but very bright now with a few clouds around. The Aussies like it hotter so I hope it warms up a fair bit. Looks perfect cricket weather.

Anyway, I'm out till around lunch so hopefully they can add at least another 120 in the first session for no wickets.

Happy watching. Listening. Following.

Great news.

Even with the weather factor if we don't win from here the whole squad need sacking, but in all seriousness were home and hosed on this one, and i would expect us to go on and win the series now by 3 to1.

We've been stonewalled a few times when we should have won. I won't be counting the chickens yet.

As for the series, Clarke needs to be in good coin tossing form for the remainder.

450 would be too generous, we need 500 lead. The english do bat deep.

The record at Lords is like 350.

The highest run chase of all time is 418. Hell, there's only ever been three fourth innings totals of 450+, all of them losses.

It's a flat pitch, but 450 is as good as unreachable. We've got time to make it 500, so we may as well.

Last edited:
Found a link to watch this game on Sky Sports,

listening to holder and other decent commentators is so much better than the aussie flog commentators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, hope it's nothing serious. Was a nasty hit a couple of days ago but there's no way he was going to go off then while playing his best Test innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back