Official Match Thread 2nd Semi Final - Fighting Furies v Coney Island Warriors @ Punt Rd Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

35l87f7.jpg
v
30uq0qw.jpg

LAST TIME THEY MET

Season 18 Round 14

Coney Island Warriors 19.8.122 def Fighting Furies 19.4.118

Both these sides have met twice this season and both times the Warriors came out victorious. After a superb debut season by the Boys from Coney Island, they'll be looking to go one better and make it three on the trot. Can the Warriors book a place in their first prelim final, or will the Furies ensure they don't tread down the straight sets path after a relatively positive season.

The Furies haven't won a final since, and ironically, the season 16 2nd Semi Final, so can the most successful club in the league ensure history repeats again, as they look to break their duck against the Warriors. After finishing the season is 3rd place, the Furies were taught a lesson at the hands of the Bandits last week, and need to drastically improve to avoid the dreaded straight sets exit and book a place in next weeks prelim final against the Dragons.

The Warriors on the other hand have nothing to lose as they seek the improbable premiership in their debut season. Not much was expected of the Warriors this season, but they've proved their doubters wrong, and stormed through to this clash with the Furies off the back of a hard fought win last week over the disappointing Roys. They have the belief, the form and the desire to cause another upset and propel themselves to the verge of glory.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Furies: Wacky Tiger may well have a Mobbs Medal awaiting him after the completion of season 18, such is his caliber of season, but at the forefront of his mind at the moment is to ensure he again plays his part for the benefit of the team. When he's on song the Furies are hard to contain, so they'll again look to him to give them valuable drive from the middle of the ground.

Warriors: Lord_Flashheart is the icing on the cake for the Warriors and he's enjoyed an outstanding debut season complementing the rest of the side nicely, gathering disposals at will. The Warriors will need him to find plenty more of the ball if they are to be a chance of bundling the overwhelming favorites out in straight sets.

BURNING QUESTION

Can the Furies avoid embarrassment against a side hungry and with nothing to lose?

VERDICT

History to repeat as the Furies make it two 2nd Semi Final victories on the trot.

I've packed my bags, ready to board an early flight to Punt Rd. Gonna go and inspect the grounds and see if it is safe to play on.

I'll need accommodation. Can I sleep in your shed Wacky Tiger?
Sure Bitch. You might have to spoon with Juggalo Balla though. I'll let you guys decide who plays big spoon and who plays little spoon

#comeouttoplay Furies.
I'm sure this will be a great match, the last one went down to the wire and this one is sure to again, with the Warriors again walking away victors.

You dicks never watched the movie.

We Furies own you Warriors.

#comeouttoplay Furies.
I'm sure this will be a great match, the last one went down to the wire and this one is sure to again, with the Warriors again walking away victors.
Fast Fact:
  • Furies are my bitches. Played them in 3 finals for 2 wins, 1 loss. 2 of those wins were Grand Final wins.
To summarise, any team I'm involved in that plays the Furies always gets the chocolates. We'll end their season easily as we hold the kryptonite.

Fast Fact:
  • Furies are my bitches. Played them in 3 finals for 2 wins, 1 loss. 2 of those wins were Grand Final wins.
To summarise, any team I'm involved in that plays the Furies always gets the chocolates. We'll end their season easily as we hold the kryptonite.

You're our hemorrhoid is all.

Fast Fact:
Fact your maths is not so good. How can the team your in ALWSYS get the chocolates playing against the Furies when the W/L is 2/1??

Did you steal the chocolates that other time??

The furies were probs too busy celebrating the win to worry about silly chocolates

I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle. The Warriors won that fight pleb. #comeouttoplay

what you and your sister do with your cricket bat is your own business, there is no need to drag fumbler into it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact your maths is not so good. How can the team your in ALWSYS get the chocolates playing against the Furies when the W/L is 2/1??

Did you steal the chocolates that other time??

The furies were probs too busy celebrating the win to worry about silly chocolates
I probably should've changed up my sentence.

"To summarise, any team I'm involved in that plays the Furies always ends their season."

I added chocolate as I'm craving some sweets, but meh, the amended sentence above will do.

Cool, we get to play the Furbies again.

This should be a walk in the park.
Looks like it's excursion time in the park boys and girls. Have all you warriors got your permission slips filled out?

Looking forward to this one, pity it's not the big dance. Firstly, what a fantastic effort from the Warriors to not only make the finals in season one, but to win their first final, I knew you could do it, well done Frankston Rover and your team :thumbsu:.
Even though I feel the Furies will win on Sunday, you guys can hold your heads high and can reflect on a wonderful debut, hope you all stick together and will give it another shot in S19.
images

Looking forward to this one, pity it's not the big dance. Firstly, what a fantastic effort from the Warriors to not only make the finals in season one, but to win their first final, I knew you could do it, well done Frankston Rover and your team :thumbsu:.
Even though I feel the Furies will win on Sunday, you guys can hold your heads high and can reflect on a wonderful debut, hope you all stick together and will give it another shot in S19.
images
We're taking it one game at a time, but our goal is to win the flag this year. Any talk of S19 is for losers.

#comeouttoplay

images
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414399334.043935.jpg

images
fry.gif

Think we might need to look at getting rid of This Is Anfield after that one.. He's LOST THE PLOT I TELL YA, LOST IT.
No, not at all, credit where credit is due, winning one final in their first season should be applauded, no disgrace losing to us in a semi final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back