Player Watch #3: Brett Deledio is an obscenely good footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
So I see Trent Cotchin has a thread that has pages and pages of love (worthy) while this man doesn't even have a thread. WTF?

Have defended him against those who called him a flanker not a midfielder in the past and this year he has gone up even another level from where he was (2 AA squad's off a HBF). Was only playing off a HBF out of necessity more than anything else due to our lack of skill coming out of the backline and the fact he can due to his amazing versatility. Averaging 28 touches and nearly a goal a game this year in the midfield. Regularly is racking up 30+ touches and taking the game on. Was BOG tonight vs Brisbane and has been our best or in our best 3 most games.

I think when the team finally has some success people are going to sit up and realise how good this bloke is. I'm talking about league wide recognition that he is a star. Similar thing that happened to Goddard a few years ago before his form went downhill recently. By the way if he gets robbed of AA again (Harry O and Murphy :rolleyes:) I'll spew.

yeah he is a very good player, I slept like a baby when it came through on the late news he signed for 5 years...that said, I wished hed play a good game v carlton for once...did he and jack play last week, just askin:confused:
Always been the knock pal .. coverage tonight highlighted him at half time not working hard enough at a stoppage that resulted in a Brisbane goal ;)

Anyway ... this is a back slap thread ... no negativity .

His good is as good as anyones :thumbsu:

yeah he is a very good player, I slept like a baby when it came through on the late news he signed for 5 years...that said, I wished hed play a good game v carlton for once...did he and jack play last week, just askin:confused:
Bo, he did play a good game against Carlton last week, maybe not great, but definitely good. In fact, probably on par with Cotch last week, but you don't see this kind of comment in the Cotch thread :rolleyes:

best disposal by a mile, so calm on the ball, great mark and very quick.

his tackling has improved out of sight

he's even underrated by our own supporters.

absolutely spot on mr. tross-trumpet-microphone-golfset-nobodythinkslikethetross avatar

I smell Cooney. Will he be the 2nd player to win the Brownlow after Cooney and then his career goes haywire?

Nah, screw it he's played 100+ consecutive games already nothing can stop him now.

Touchwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its getting late and im tired, but wtf has Cooney got to do with Lids?

doesn't make sense to me either , cooney has been battling injuries since late in 2008 and hasn't been the same since

lids has been relatively injury free his entire career

touch wood though dragons, if he does end up with injury problems i've got a feeling it will hit him hard

Best kick in the league. Pretty much has it all. A Brownlow awaits sometime in the next 5 years.

I think it's just the way he moves that make people not rate him. If he hunched around like Cotch people would think he was the best player in the league - but Lids can win a clearance, break-away from every other player around him with his pace, and then deliver a 50m+ pinpoint pass and it looks run of the mill for some reason.

I think it's just the way he moves that make people not rate him. If he hunched around like Cotch people would think he was the best player in the league - but Lids can win a clearance, break-away from every other player around him with his pace, and then deliver a 50m+ pinpoint pass and it looks run of the mill for some reason.

Absolutely Spluff !! but that's the thing with great players. They make it look easy. Both cotch & Lids you don't realise until you look at the players around them trying their guts out while these two leave them in their wake. It's just natural for them. They probably work hard on the track too. But that's what we all see the end result Talent + hard work = all the stuff we love to see from these guys.:)

Bo, he did play a good game against Carlton last week, maybe not great, but definitely good. In fact, probably on par with Cotch last week, but you don't see this kind of comment in the Cotch thread :rolleyes:
missed an absolute dolly of a goal that for someone of his sublime talent is just unbelievable...his goalkicking has been off this year...I think it was back though with that one out of the guts...classic LIDS:thumbsu:...Im one of his biggest fans dont worry about that

Since were talkin about Carlton got a week red card from one of Carltons mods for stuffin up there mvp thread. :) sweetest week ive ever done.. :D :cool: They have absolutely no sence of humour :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back