Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

It's only hazy, but my recollection is that we didn't even have him for 2-3 months. He just didn't turn up after we drafted him.

That's my recollection too. He might have been "our player" but he simply didn't turn up to Arden Street.

Fortunately, we weren't going to Utah back then. Otherwise, he might have gone on a morning run (with his backpack) and ended up disappearing over the nearest hill.

we traded picks to sydney for him, and he quit the club after 2-3 months because he lost the desire to play footy at a high level.

It chills me how flipping amateur we must've been to (from all apparent signs) not even interview a prospective recruit as to a) whether they wanted to play football and/or b) wanted to play for us.

Some of the onus goes on him too though. He could've avoided the trade rather than burn a club in the process.

we traded picks to sydney for him, and he quit the club after 2-3 months because he lost the desire to play footy at a high level.

IIRC, it had something to do with not wanting to leave his missus in Sydney.

#pussywhipped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uuh, everyone is on leave.

This is what happens when your club finishes up in late September.

Most of the players during the trade period were at their club's the next day, doing media.

If that article hadn't appeared in the NT news on the page before, I would've assumed he didn't exist.
He's been away traveling with his young family, I expect his interview at Utah to be up the first day they are there.

Really? People are complaining about our media department? Wow.

Maybe the club is showing a bit of respect to Jed and his family, allowing them an un-interrupted holiday before they take him away to a foreign country. Use a little common sense people, footy isn't the be-all and end-all.

Agreed wholeheartedly with the rest, but come on, footy is bigger than life, geez :rolleyes:

Agreed. preferably soon. Club has been quite slack with the website so far this off season
Players are either on holidays or recovering post op. What do you want?? A fluffer piece? (apologies if your job is a fluffer)

Even so we're still getting daily player reviews and some draft bits.

It'll crank up during Utah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back