List Mgmt. 3 more sign on

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah great news on SNOS. His loyalty to the club is pretty endearing for a guy who isn't a regular starter.

Hannath is an interesting one. I thought he might have been on the shortlist to cop the axe at the end of the year but he's obviously safe now.

The only surprising thing about Spurr is that the contract talks weren't even necessary yet. It's weird they were even looking at him when there's other guy's uncontracted at year end. Unless his old contract is a bit rough on $ because he wasn't a best 22 then.

Super super glad that Silvagni's stayed with us. He's going to be massively important in the future for us and we're pretty lucky to have someone of that quality stay with us when he's currently just a depth player.

Hannath is a weird one. Maybe Freo's seen something in his development we haven't, or they're trying him out with something new. Maybe he's just being signed now to trade at year's end? Or maybe his signing is going to be the chopping block for an older tall struggling to break into the team (there's a few that could fit the bill there). I'm glad he's staying on though, because he's shown some signs that he could develop into a decent 2nd ruck or forward, I just wish he'd hurry up & develop already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah great news on SNOS. His loyalty to the club is pretty endearing for a guy who isn't a regular starter.

Hannath is an interesting one. I thought he might have been on the shortlist to cop the axe at the end of the year but he's obviously safe now.

Completely agree on Silvagni, he's getting more opportunities all the time but after 5 seasons on our list you really couldn't have blamed him if he had asked for a trade. Doubt he'd have attracted big money but could easily be at another club and playing every round.

all good signings in my opinion.
Silvagni has been loyal and patient and should be rewarded for this next year,with McPharlaps probable retirement.
I think Hannath is still quite young in ruckman terms ,so he can really work on his body shape,speed etc and with Sandy not getting any younger,there may well be a spot for him down the line.

On the topic of Hannath, i think it's a bit too early to judge whether he's going to be AFL ready or not. Sandilands and Cox didn't win their first All-Australians until they were 26 and 24 and that was with 4-5 seasons of 15+ games under their belts. At the moment Hannath has only played 15 games with a few sub affected matches. Taller players, particularly ruckmen take a few years to get used to AFL level, i'm sure if we give him the chance and time that'll he show us how good he can be.

I'm happy with all those of course, but really stoked about SCOS.

The little we've seen of him this year has shown steady improvement, he's got a great attitude, no fuss hard worker that I reckon could get a decent gig if he shopped himself to other clubs. So glad he's hanging around.

Silvagni will be needed next year, Spurr is best 22.

Hannath surprises me a little bit but I guess the club see\know something we don't.

If Griffen was to be traded, then we would need him as a backup ruck.

Agree, just surprised is all. Didn't want to throw fuel on the fire or anything but it seems the club has all but guaranteed Silvagni McPharlin's spot since this is probably his last year.

Pleased with the Hannath signing, just because he's a tank already doesn't mean his development curve is going to stagnate. Don't believe that if you're ready made physically you have less improvement necessarily in you than a stick KPP/Ruck. Rucking especially is a steep learning curve that takes years to become proficient in (from memory he was a late convert from rugby and is still somewhat of a footy newbie), Moller is still a few years away, Zac isn't a solo ruckman and there are going to be injury clouds permanently hanging over both 211 and Griff (all IMO obviously) so he's quality insurance.

Happy with the loyalty shown from three battlers.

Watching this Q&A today reminded me that Hannath is just a kid ...for a ruckman. A young face.

ps -These FFC Q&A sessions also annoy me more-so, where many are slack a__ses on their day off. Ex Sam menegola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back