Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Well done Basti.

Been a funny year for him but he has shown himself to be a very good footballer throughout his first 100 games. Lets hope for an even better next 100.

A wee blast from the past:
532065-north-melbourne.jpg

How good would that photo look with Barlow instead of Norris.

C'est la ve

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Much went right this year, but this didn't appear to work at all in the last three games.
If I am right, in four games this year he had 17 touches as sub...he doesn't appear the sort of the player that can come on and make an immediate impact, he's more of a workhorse.
Seemed a strange one last night...and he must have been frustrated to again have the vest.
Certainly didn't have his best season, not a patch on last year, but not sure this was the answer.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Problem is with Adams and Mullett out, we picked a side with no obvious sub. Jacobs has been awful in that role before and seems to need to be in from the start, while there's no point picking Turner's defensive pressure and giving him the vest.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Agree, he's either starting or not out there at all. Id love to be forgiving, but this year he gave us weak busted tackles coupled with a poor work ethic. He's got loads of talent, and is shown through his good games, but he should be better than what he is, which is an indightment on him. A poor year, and in a side that's chock full of midfield talent I wouldn't mind seeing the club test the waters on the trade table.

Roopassion

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think last nights was a wrong call. They killed us on the spread and basti is one of our best runners, who had been sub 2 games in a row so would of been the most fresh player for us bar Jacobs. That's one thing this finals series we couldn't find or get rite. The sub role did nothing at all for us over the 3 games.

Roos Addick

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic
Apparently the coaches were offered no more sub rule in exchange for reduced interchanges, and they declined.
I personally think there should be max of 8-10 interchanges per quarter with 6-8 people on the bench. Less changes but much more tactical ones would make the game more interesting and you're likely to get more fatigue which would result in a more open game in the second half.

Cold Gin

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I personally think there should be max of 8-10 interchanges per quarter with 6-8 people on the bench. Less changes but much more tactical ones would make the game more interesting and you're likely to get more fatigue which would result in a more open game in the second half.

I agree. Plus I despise the sub rule. How it's good for anybody to have players playing for 30 minutes a week is beyond me.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just no room in the midfield for him and he can't play anywhere else.

I thought he was an obvious choice.

Back