Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think that its a disservice to the side and supporters playing Basti again, he's flat out not up to it, and the gaps between his good games is becoming far too big. He's soft, has average pace and awareness, and is mentally weak.

That weak effort on Johanssen! Bloody do something..front on spoil, whack him in the head, something. Just weak as piss didnt want to put his body on the line.
My thoughts exactly. I spewed in my mouth when he feebly pushed his hand back to see if Johanssen was there and on feeling contact stopped dead in his tracks.

For a while i harboured the thought that basti was the 2nd worse 100 gamer in the league behind jack watts but i have to say even watts would have put up a contest in that instant.

2 words "papers stamped"

My thoughts exactly. I spewed in my mouth when he feebly pushed his hand back to see if Johanssen was there and on feeling contact stopped dead in his tracks.

For a while i harboured the thought that basti was the 2nd worse 100 gamer in the league behind jack watts but i have to say even watts would have put up a contest in that instant.

2 words "papers stamped"
He should be embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know any other defender would keep backing back into Johanisson and protect the drop of the ball. Even for a midfielder.
And Johanisson has the footy brain of a 12 yo.

What disapointed me most tho is his lack of intent to tackle.

Dont care how smart or creative he can potentially be, he is too SLOW for AFL footy. campaigners 24.
Trade.

You know any other defender would keep backing back into Johanisson and protect the drop of the ball. Even for a midfielder.
And Johanisson has the footy brain of a 12 yo.

What disapointed me most tho is his lack of intent to tackle.

Dont care how smart or creative he can potentially be, he is too SLOW for AFL footy. campaigners 24.
Trade.
Iam actually suprised johanisson didnt drop the mark out of suprise? What a gift. basti actually did a similar pathetic defensive effort a few weeks back with the gutless hand in the air while stopp8ng in his tracks.

Bloke needs a heart transplant.
And recalling how the scott bros played up at brisbane iam flabergasted brad accepts these efforts from a player.

Iam actually suprised johanisson didnt drop the mark out of suprise? What a gift. basti actually did a similar pathetic defensive effort a few weeks back with the gutless hand in the air while stopp8ng in his tracks.

Bloke needs a heart transplant.
And recalling how the scott bros played up at brisbane iam flabergasted brad accepts these efforts from a player.
I can understand Crameri/Stringer beating him. But Johanisson? Really Ryan? ffs

Papers stamped after that. The johannisen effort sums him up as a footballer. That was uncontested.

Has little to no trade value, invest in someone fresh and delist when possible.

The Ryan Bastinac timeline:

- Dropped to the VFL
- Star in the VFL
- Recalled to the senior team
- Play like a man possessed first week back. Tackling like a demon
- Start to fallback into bad habits. Lazy
- Cruise along at 50% resulting in a run of poor AFL performances resulting in Step 1.

Rinse and repeat.

I hate being right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back