Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah. I know he played for another team but the knocks on NDS are over the top.
I'm not inside the 4 walls but I can't help but suspect the change in our performance with 2nd half leads from 2013 to 2014 had a lot to do with Dal. Such a cool head. Influence greater than his stats, which I doubt anyone could claim for Basti from our vantage point.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
The deal is looking like this from reports:
North receive pick 17 and Rohan Bewick
North lose picks 38 and 40

Brisbane receive Ryan Bastinac, picks 38 and 40
Brisbane lose pick 17 and Rohan Bewick

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not inside the 4 walls but I can't help but suspect the change in our performance with 2nd half leads from 2013 to 2014 had a lot to do with Dal. Such a cool head. Influence greater than his stats, which I doubt anyone could claim for Basti from our vantage point.

I'm sad to see him go - reckon he's a very good player with occasional problems about getting up for games - leading to lapses in his tackling and smothering. But who likes throwing themselves on other players' boots anyway?!

The deal is looking like this from reports:
North receive pick 17 and Rohan Bewick
North lose picks 38 and 40

Brisbane receive Ryan Bastinac, picks 38 and 40
Brisbane lose pick 17 and Rohan Bewick
Doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks Basti,

I've been a big critic but you've been a solid citizen for us during some challenging times. Best of luck up North, hope you get the midfield opportunities you need to get the best out of your career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he will thrive at another club.

The end of his 2013 form, where he was averaging 30 disposals and kicking bags of 3 and 4 goals at will was incredible. Showed me that when he gets it together he can easily make it as an A-grade midfielder.

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Australian Boomers
Sad to see him go but it's probably best for all parties, best of luck Basti! Just make sure your future father sons come to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back