Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing to see him go, but was never going to reach his potential in our midfield. All the best to him at Brisbane, just don't tear us apart when we play you.

Pretty sure the clincher was the fact that the Lions weight room was under water.

Look, at the end of the day, he wasn't in our best 22. Having not really participated in any of our finals over the last 2 years.

Whilst we have some older mids that will need replacing, we are desperate to see Dumont get more game time. Then we have Anderson to fit in.

We will also be looking to get Mcdonald and Garner into the mid field a bit more.

Not to mention, int he short term Wells is coming back (we hope).

Good servant. Now we need to nail at least 1 of our three first picks to sure up the future.

Good luck to Bustanut. I hope he does well. Will be interesting to watch. Many on here (me included) worry about our player development at times - can we get that extra 5% out of the players we think can do better? Basti is one such for me. Let's see what Brisbane can get out of him.

Goodbye Basti-Nac
Though we never saw your potential at all
You had the tank to jog around
Making those around you galled
They took you out of the engine room
And they whispered into your brain
We’ve seen you burn up the alter-g treadmill
So they made you change your game

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like an inside mid on the wing
Never knowing where to run to
When the ball came in
And I would have liked to have seen you sprint or pressure
But you almost never did
Your North career burned out long before
Your contract ever did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how a player should leave a football team... full of professionalism....

Good Luck!

Yep. He'd steadily become more and more of a fringe player with players at North of a similar type except better. So he goes to somewhere where he'll play every week in the role that he's best at. North didn't try to tie him to his contract, he didn't make up any excuses for wanting to leave (claiming "More opportunities" whilst standing on the B&F podium) or any demands on North. Good luck Basti.*

* All of this post is contingent on footage of him snorting coke out of arse crack of a Thai lady boy NOT being on TV tonight.

Bye Tinkerbell

64235_4cf84bf660317d77bd412215d327d08d.gif

Good luck Basti. Always had a soft spot despite him being a bit of a fairy. Hope he makes a good fist of it up at Brissy, provided he plays 99 or less games.

Cya campaigner. ;)

Plays his best footy inside but he could never put on enough size to be a mainstay there.

Nek minute Basti puts on 8 kgs over the preseason at Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back