Autopsy 3 things you learnt v freo

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Buddy will play at CHF when Tippett returns against Melbourne this week.
2. Buddy is best left running around & having shots from 50m arc.
3. Defence is a necessity & they are now starting to gel again. Not sure if it was the midfield pressure that was on this week, or some home truths given to those that play in defence but collectively, they lifted their game.

1. Top four is not out of the picture (assuming we continue the effort shown tonight and the cards fall a little our way)
2. The guys are back on track to finding some touch and form (I expected them to perform at this level next week, not this week)
3. Rampe has taken his game to a new level.

Good to see things are not as bad as many have said. Now lets see if they can continue their return to form and close the gap on the hawks.

1. When coaches have faith in players, they play well.
2. The Swans have the ability still to beat any other team.
3. Button monkey analysts annoy me with their I incessant negativity ; win or lose.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1. Still a bit gun shy with the boys. Super performance today, but given the last few weeks I thought that we still needed one more goal at the end before it felt safe. McGlynn deserved to kick that last one given his stellar performance, and to give my poor heart a settler.
2. Teddy was back to AA best in the first half, he was everywhere.
3. Rampe ain't just a pretty haircut :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. We are back - as expected. This team can win the flag.
2. Buddy is a star. With the right delivery he could win the Coleman.
3. Umpiring is a ******* disgrace against our team. They give Freo such soft, undeserved momentum so often - then give us nothing. Swans only get 1 free kick every 30 minutes then a few soft ones with 5 minutes left.

1. A real statement made today, Jetta running into contested footy and laying tackles, getting cleaned up by his own team mate, it just made a statement. His weak in that area and to see him lift and do that this game is inspiring and I can see how the whole team just went up 2 bars.

2. On the lighter side, I find Nick Smith a great player but his kicks always give me a real chill because of how awkward I find it.

3. The darker side, ROK, I'm just sad...if Longmire keeps him out for a while, I'll let the reality settle in and hope that he can retire on a better note.

1. We do best when everybody puts in
2. We're tough to beat on a SCG dry track
3. Hard to see ROK getting back in

Harry Cunningham's role has changed over the last 5 quarters. He was released from the forward line in the final quarter against North to take on Brent Harvey (after McGlynn was moved off him to try and win some ball) and then did a reasonable job on Stephen Hill last night. Hill still had 20 touches and got some good ball moving forward but I don't think he was near as tremendously damaging or effective as he can be when streaming forward.

Would seem to indicate that Harry is doing a Kieren Jack kind of apprenticeship, mixing it up in the forward line and back line a little before settling into a tagging role on the most dangerous runner the opposition has. If he can become anything like what Kieren has offensively as a consequence of that, we've got a guy.

Props to Dane Rampe too. First quarter was the best I've ever seen him play and he carried it out for the rest of the game. Brilliant performance.

[quote="Wayne Swan, post: 32641287, member: 146950"
3. Need to pull the trigger on Derickx because he won't be in our 2014 GF side, Nankers just might :)[/quote]

Yes I think he's running out of chances, and I'd like to see Nankervis blooded, as it were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. When we get a comfortable lead on, we're still prone to start leaking easy goals from centre clearances. We did it in a bunch of our games against top sides last year (Freo, Hawks and Cats), and we did it again last night. When we're 30 points up in the fourth, we can't afford to let the opposition score running goals from centre bounces 2 or 3 times in a row. It's not a matter of parking the bus in those situations, but we don't need to score a whole lot of quick goals, so we can afford to set up more defensively. Or maybe it's more of a matter of losing concentration.

1. Keep Franklin deep, making leads further up the ground but still around the F50, rather than up out onto the wings.
2. Our forward structure still needs work.
3. Disposal efficiency still needs work.

1. When we get a comfortable lead on, we're still prone to start leaking easy goals from centre clearances. We did it in a bunch of our games against top sides last year (Freo, Hawks and Cats), and we did it again last night. When we're 30 points up in the fourth, we can't afford to let the opposition score running goals from centre bounces 2 or 3 times in a row. It's not a matter of parking the bus in those situations, but we don't need to score a whole lot of quick goals, so we can afford to set up more defensively. Or maybe it's more of a matter of losing concentration.
Word.

Hmm i think they blew a huge opportunity last year Hawthorn didn't even play to their best standards.

Freo over achieved last year

They are awesome at home and have manic pressure

But you dont win flags with ross lyon

You dont win flags with lyon

dontwinfriendswithsalad.png

1) People overreact on this board. 1 win and all the players who weren't good enough for the past 4 games are now great. And if we lose next week all the players who were great now suck.

2) "That's as good as it gets" has taken over from the various Brian-Taylor-isms as the worst phrase in football commentary

3) Hitouts appear to be an overvalued metric, as we got smashed in them against Fremantle but have previously lost games where we have dominated that stat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back