Senior 30. Charlie Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving you clowns with these heartening appraisals. :thumbsu:
clown.gif

:p :D

Can we somehow fit him in on a half backs flank instead?

Look he could probably play there very well, But we have Weitering, Plowman, Jaksch to work with down there, we desperately need forward, but i see your point.

Look he could probably play there very well, But we have Weitering, Plowman, Jaksch to work with down there, we desperately need forward, but i see your point.
I made a point?

I though I just post random nonsense for my own amusement.

I made a point?

I though I just post random nonsense for my own amusement.

You did haha, Because we lack on both ends, but with the bringing in of our new blokes, he should defs be Half Forward to floating mid.

Thrilled with this pick - very excited to see Charlie in Navy Blue.

Not so long ago some were talking about him as one of the best players in this draft class and even a possible top 3 selection. To bring him into the club is a fantastic result; to do it with our third selection in the draft is a huge bonus.

Very much looking forward to seeing where Charlie makes his mark, be it as a forward or as a midfielder. To have a player of his stature who could possibly play at the elite level in either position is of significant value.

So much over the past few days has been about his 'incident' and how his draft position may suffer as a result. For mine it should have had little to no bearing on where he fell in the draft so it would be very interesting to hear if it made some recruiters think twice about calling his name.

From all reports Charlie is a good kid who had a brain fade. Of course it was a dumb thing to do and he should be punished for it but it is not a hanging offense nor does it necessarily define him as a person. Very happy for the club to benefit from others possibly blowing the issue out of proportion.

Honestly, despite the indiscretion, with his brother and sister being the professional athletes they are and such hard workers and by all accounts great people, Charlie has a great chance of succeeding and shouldn't be a problem kid unless he's the total black sheep of the family.

Not to mention, besides Ed, he'll be surrounded by hard working leaders like Cripps and now Weitering, plus some of the others we already know about. Get him as ripped as Ed seems to be and it's scary how good he could be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, big, strong, hard to pull down in a tackle (holds the ball through tackles like Kouta did), good strong mark, and, makes the right decision quickly after taking a mark.

Could be a CHF or Ruck Rover potentially.

Huge potential.

Coming up with a plan to have Charles Curnow refuse a breath test on the eve of the draft was simply a masterstroke. Getting Curnow to pull it off and then get the other clubs to bypass him because of it was sheer brilliance.

Hats off to Bolton & Silvagni, it's about time we resorted to some skullduggery and then enjoyed the spoils of our clever plan.

:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Just watching the interview post-draft, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments stuballs - bloody embarassing from the media. Kid answered the question the first time and they kept coming back to it... at least it'll make him stronger and help build resilience.

So stoked to have him on board.

Let's be honest, the kid isn't the greatest orator of all time and is going to need some serious media training. He basically mumbled and fumbled the same answers out that his manager probably told him to say while the media picked away at him.

But who cares? He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but the kid can play and has some serous upside. Feeling good about his pick if he can put the work required in and get the best out of himself. Reckon he has some conditioning work to do too but has a powerful frame to build on and drips of untapped potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back