Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Very important tonight was Waite. His tackling, which has come from nowhere recently, is first class. He tackles for keeps and with his leap he's capable of marking anything. Thank God he was floating back to help stem the flow late on.

Keep this standard of output up thanks JW! :thumbsu:

If he can put together more than two weeks of good footy for you id be impressed. I watched him for 10 years and the best I ever saw was probably a month before he either lost interest or had a brain fade and got suspended. No sour grapesm good luck to you, but he was eternally frustrating like this cas you have seen his best now and you know what hes capable of and then he lets you down.

Hopefully he keeps it up. I felt like he was a leader and alpha male at our club and because he was a f/s didnt feel he answered to anyone and was bigger than it all. Perhaps that changed with a new club as you have to earn everyones respect. Hes given you 2 good weeks, his next month will show if hes truly changed his ways.

Was at the game and you could see him genuinely work hard when he didn't have the footy. Was there with my old man and he thought Waite was out of sorts but when I pointed out how hard he was working without the footy (unlike Dal) he saw the up side. If he keeps working that hard his fortune will change and all of a sudden things will go his way.

Waites defensive work the last two weeks has been top notch! That tackle that resulted in Basti's first goal was superb. I also liked that he floated back towards the end of the game when * had a bit of a run on. Not sure where the direction came from, but with Drew out it was a great call.

If he keeps this kind of work up the rewards will come. On track to play game 200 against the Blues, and I hope like hell he kicks a bag that night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game and bonus points for putting his foot up *Hurley's arse.

Was a bit of a concern given Waite's injury history though... felt there was a good chance he could lose the foot in there.

Was a bit of a concern given Waite's injury history though... felt there was a good chance he could lose the foot in there.

Good point.

In more positive news Waite's player badges have sold out thanks to unprecedented demand from the taxi driving sector.

Good point.

In more positive news Waite's player badges have sold out thanks to unprecedented demand from the taxi driving sector.

What's a badge cost? If they're not a whole dollar amount I hope the Rooshop hangs onto the change as a tip unless they ask for it back.

What's a badge cost? If they're not a whole dollar amount I hope the Rooshop hangs onto the change as a tip unless they ask for it back.

Interesting that you ask, there's also been a run on Boomer 400 logbooks that retail $0.90 but caused serious confrontations when the club didn't have any spare coins when customers inevitably rounded up.

Average game but the effort was there. From where I was sitting Petrie and Brown were both way more dangerous with the ball coming in. Even Ziebell and Cunnington looked more likely.

I thought he played his part, pressured and tackled early, lead up the ground to provide a target. He ain't A stay home ff so stop expecting him to kick bags of goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back