Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as he continues to provide more than Black and keep the 2nd defender away from Brown he'll have a spot in the team. We all knew how inconsistent he could be, but right now he's vital to the team structure. As long as he continues to kick a bag every few weeks and the odd goal here and there, I don't think we have a lot to complain about. He's not a superstar, but he'll get the job done.

Petrie dragged Rance away from the F50 and the little guys kicked 12 of our 16. (Thomas 5, Higgins 3, Boomer 2, Nahas 2)

Waite should really have finished with 3 but happy for the forward line to function and each play a part.

He did, plus he could have had at least two more if players had have laid off to him rather than kicked the goal themselves. What that means to me is that Waite is getting to the right spots and doing the right things in terms of forward line structure, which is just as important as getting his hands on the ball himself. His presence also consigned the Tigers' third defender to Brown who was horribly mismatched.

After a fashion he's playing the role Tarrant was in our forward line previously. So long as he's sticking to the structures and doing the team thing then he needs to play. Some weeks he'll end up with heaps of footy and some weeks bugger all, which is fine so long as the forward line us functioning as a unit, he's using the ball well when he gets it (the one criticism of his game on the weekend) and most importantly we're winning.

really surprised we gave him 2 years given his inconsistency
Given he is getting used to a completely new game plan and forward structure, he hasn't been too bad. Was really important in the Geelong game.
2 years was the only way to get him to the club.

You can't tell on tv how much running he does, but I get the feeling is that he creates a lot of space by working up and down the ground. I also like that our forward line has more weapons and is less predictable.

Was pretty poor last week but we haven't got anyone to replace him so for structural reasons he plays.

Will be more dangerous at Etihad I suspect.

Was pretty poor last week but we haven't got anyone to replace him so for structural reasons he plays.

Will be more dangerous at Etihad I suspect.
Should only play on good clean decks. Etihad = Always. GABBA (hard and dry, just how she likes it) = yes. SCG (wet and sloppy like my teen years) = leave him at home.

Should only play on good clean decks. Etihad = Always. GABBA (hard and dry, just how she likes it) = yes. SCG (wet and sloppy like my teen years) = leave him at home.

Yep. Agree. I actually thought he would be a late out for Hobart game and was surprised when he lined up - I would have preferred another mid.

Hope he can have a better game this week, and the mids can deliver it more effectively and more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see how all alone a number of times with the ball not being kicked to him, it is handy having him because he is a genuine target who needs a good defender irrelevant if he is having a bad say or not...

I'm getting frustrated with North supporters yelling abuse at this guy already. Yep he makes some blues. Yep there was one contest he should have gone in harder and one where he went in too late. But his work rate to get to the contest was excellent all night. He took 7 marks and he wasn't Robinson Crusoe with s**t kicking for goal. Can anyone else see how close he is to ripping a game apart?

Me! I am happy with how he is tracking. Genuine target. 1 or 2 goals a game. And he is still settling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back