Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Waite is a very good player. He is also injury prone, undisciplined, inclined to be lazy, and old.

But he cost you nothing so there's no risk, just reward if he does pull it together, which he might just do.

Good luck to him and good luck to you guys.

Reckon Higgins was a good get too.

I was against getting Waite initially as he is just so erratic/stupid at times.

But no doubt his best is not just best 22, but quality. If we see the latter, watch out the rest of the comp.

Our fwd line let us down this year (Black and LT had poor years for mine, Drew just ok, Brown promising), adding Waite if he is fit and firing is a massive upgrade.

But no doubt his best is not just best 22, but quality. If we see the latter, watch out the rest of the comp.

Our fwd line let us down this year (Black and LT had poor years for mine, Drew just ok, Brown promising), adding Waite if he is fit and firing is a massive upgrade.

It is also becomes another headache for the defence...takes another defender blah etc ...

Looking fwd to the Blues game either way...they as usual s**t me with their pre season hype...did you know that Daisy and Kruzer are having uninterrupted pre-seasons?:rolleyes:

I'd argue his best is not just quality, it's something else. On his day, he is just unstoppable.

Of course the gulf between his best and worst can be rather large and erratic, but I feel the last few years he did become a bit more consistent at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not that over keen on getting Waite at the start. But thinking with Petrie, Black, Brown,, Thomas, maybe Wood. He could get the 3rd or 4th best defender against him. Keeping fit etc, Waite and our forward line could be in for a great year. We could worry other teams with that many players to keep an eye on.

His best is as good as Petrie/Black/Tarrant/Brown/Wood's best.

He is a great pick up. He finally gets to play in a Forward line that has more talent than Bootsma

We never discuss appendage dimensions here wizzer (no pun intended).
That's a phallucy. Don't worry Toes...we can all tell the deferens

1233009630_38e882e.gif

tumblr_mmwb801liK1qcxw91o1_500.gif

Ha ha ha keeping crying your tears are delicious... First you were injury trolling. Now everyone at Carlton hates Waite because he was a slacker.. ****, no wonder he wanted to leave with fans like you. He was your best forward over the last five years and had to do it all himself. As he had a mosquito squad around him.

Get your facts right and check his numbers if you want to call him a slacker.

"North Melbourne’s second ever free agency addition comes to Arden Street on a two-year deal, and where Jarrad Waite fits in the forward line is a point for conjecture.

To start dissecting, you first have to look at his performances for Carlton. Waite was undoubtedly the Blues’ best forward when he was on the field this year.

Although the key-forward missed six games, he led the Blues as an inside 50 target with 99, and took 40 marks within the arc. Of those, 19 were contested, an impressive tally.

It’s Waite’s ability to provide both a target both in the contest and on the lead which provides a hint as to how useful he could be at Arden Street.

Waite has a track record of bringing his fellow forwards into the game, a task that can sometimes be tough for key-position players as the first option going inside 50. The former Blue was inside the top 10 at his old club for score assists during 2014.

Perhaps the biggest question mark over how Waite will perform at North is the calibre of defender he’ll play on. After Brendon Fevola departed the Blues at the end of 2009, he regularly played on the opposition’s best key defender in the last five seasons.

When Waite was fit and firing this season, he also doubled as one of the Blues’ best forwards at ground level. He ranked second for tackles in the forward 50, while leading the side in groundball gets in the area."
Must have been 20 or so even bigger slackers!.....a key forward is nowhere without quality ball supply these days. The big fella will think it's Christmas getting on the end of passes from wells, dal, boomer, Higgins, etc, while only having to beat the oppositions 3rd defender......I'm putting him down for a bag of 8 against the blue baggers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back