Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

One brilliant game in 4 is still better than what Drew has served up recently. (Sorry Drew).

Waite has the ability to grab a game by the throat and win it. Drew, while an excellent forward has never been a match winner as such (as in win off his own back, sure he's done things like the EF last year).

One brilliant game in 4 is still better than what Drew has served up recently. (Sorry Drew).

Waite has the ability to grab a game by the throat and win it. Drew, while an excellent forward has never been a match winner as such (as in win off his own back, sure he's done things like the EF last year).
What classifies as a 'match winner'? Would his spree on Glenn Archer's 300th not count?

Waite can spark a side to get into a winning position whereas Drew is more the type to drag his side over the line.

I think that's the difference.

Waite can spark a side to get into a winning position whereas Drew is more the type to drag his side over the line.

I think that's the difference.
Good way to describe it.

Drew will pop up at the end of a game and help you seal it, but he's unlikely to be the spark to put you in a winnable position.

What classifies as a 'match winner'? Would his spree on Glenn Archer's 300th not count?

His work against Hawthorn. His five goals in the last quarter against Richmond in 2012.

Does everyone forget that Drew has kicked 50, 48, 58 and 48 goals over the last 4 seasons? The bloke is an absolute star and still comfortably our best forward. It seems like a lot of people are only remembering his poor form at the start of last season and not his dominant performances against the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong.

Does everyone forget that Drew has kicked 50, 48, 58 and 48 goals over the last 4 seasons? The bloke is an absolute star and still comfortably our best forward. It seems like a lot of people are only remembering his poor form at the start of last season and not his dominant performances against the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong.
'Every'one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has already been mentioned by others before me but I get the feeling Waite's recruitment was as much about next year (2016) than this one. It's true that he is a great contested mark and that's something we lacked this year, it's also true that Drew is close to the end, and this could easily be his last year

I'll save my judgement when I see him playing with other good forwards. can't say 1 in 4 when he was playing with...um...casboult...not much else. Could be anything with a better setup and delivery, or he could flop. Being a biased North supporter...60+ goals :)

I'll save my judgement when I see him playing with other good forwards. can't say 1 in 4 when he was playing with...um...casboult...not much else. Could be anything with a better setup and delivery, or he could flop. Being a biased North supporter...60+ goals :)

Coleman or GTFO.

Why have I just got a text from a Carlton mate saying Waite has done his hammy at training?

its funny how many Carlton fans always complaint about Waite and now he has gone all they talk about is Waite, i think deep down they want him to get injured just in case he dominates with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back