Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets another week. Especially off a 7 goal haul. (albeit against terrible opposition)

He might open space etc but we other players who can do that who are younger with brighter futures.

Must play better against the Cats.

Last edited:

Only gripe with him on the weekend is he was slow to get rid of the ball. Probably suited to playing deep in the forward line rather than pushing up to the wing.
I know what you mean he would take the mark then stop and by that time .Port had all their players back.

why didn't he slot the soda, he made hard work of it. That and Boomers miss hurt...and Swallows, would have been a huge clearance goal moment.

That said, Petrie stood up and kicked true, as with Brown and Thomas so overall, it averages out right?...right?

Waite had 10 touches and 5 marks on the weekend. 2 one percenters. I'd say that most of his possies were up around the wing.

Brown had 11 touches and 6 marks, but got his closer to goal (because the forwards works as a team to create space for each other) and kicked 3 goals. Also had 2 one percenters.

Dish had 14/8 and 2 goals with 3 one percenters.

Now, I ain't saying that OMG Waitey have me babies, but on a night where the pressure was up, the forwards were under the pump and the delivery was poor, none of our forwards got off the leash and none had what could be defined as big games. That he is being pinged as a s**t performer when he had one less mark and one less touch than Brown, when you consider where the touches occurred, is a tad disingenuous. It's like saying that Wood had a good game but Jacobs was average despite obvious howlers from both and one having clearly more influence than the other.

Stop bringing common sense--and god forbid, statistics!--into the discussion.

Key position forward has a mediocre day at the office. Quick! Put a fork in him!

The stats don't show how meek some of his efforts were. He just seems to drop his head a la Richo when the delivery isn't great or he's out of position rather than try to fight his way into the contest. He's a bit like Hansen used to be, who offers horrid body language which doesn't help since perception becomes reality, but really sometimes his efforts in rounds 1 & 3 just don't pass the 'eye test', regardless of what his stats say.

I've got high hopes for him, but for him to deliver on them he needs to fight to stay in the contests for long enough for the cavalry to arrive.

Keep an eye on the kill rate. He is racking them up....

Can't judge him harshly until he gets half decent delivery and doesn't get it done. The delivery was disgraceful at times.

Delivery was shocking on the weekend he had a shocker yes but forwards dont kick bags every week.. He playes rnd 4 and wont be suprised if he kicks 3-4 gls..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try telling someone new to the game that you can't place your hands on someone's back, but you can kirate kick them no worries....
Yep, I love the way he marks. Reminds me of a 70's highlights reel. It requires better timing than just plonking your knee on someone's shoulder but you do create a lot more space doing it this way

Try telling someone new to the game that you can't place your hands on someone's back, but you can kirate kick them no worries....

That is why it is a laugh whenever they trot out the line "duty of care". What a load of s**t, if it was an issue you couldn't just stick your feet or knees in guys backs.

That is why it is a laugh whenever they trot out the line "duty of care". What a load of s**t, if it was an issue you couldn't just stick your feet or knees in guys backs.
You can kick them in the head if you really want... as long as you touch the ball...LOL

I think Waite presented well, had some shonky kicks to him.... he does have a unique talent of jumping early, mids need to know to kick well out in front of him

4 goals, 3 to Thomas, 3 Petrie and 2 Ziebell and Harvey for mine.
Petrie dragged Rance away from the F50 and the little guys kicked 12 of our 16. (Thomas 5, Higgins 3, Boomer 2, Nahas 2)

Waite should really have finished with 3 but happy for the forward line to function and each play a part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back