Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Its very easy for the Hawks to not d1ck around as they have the lure of immediate success.
Ryder is gone and Essendon is now powerless to stop him.
I think we need to accept that a best case scenario would be us receiving pick 16 and a player such as Cam O'shae.

U need read and understand the motto better.

port should compare to hawks

not essendon to hawks?

When does school go back?

Ryder is gone and Essendon is now powerless to stop him.
Actually we are not powerless to stop him, this is a trade situation not free agency. Same goes for any players Port want to offer to trade, they don't have to be asked if they want to be traded, if they get traded and want to play afl they'd have to play for us. It wouldn't create the best environment for keeping them under free agency, but that's a separate issue.

Free agency was brought in to provide players with some opportunity for control as a counterpoint to the trade system where the clubs have all the control.

If 16 is the most Port wish to offer and any players as extras are not of the required standard for Essendon, the next logical step would be to get other clubs involved, as there is plenty of movement on the cards already across a number of clubs.

Right. So if we don't get the deal we want, we simply give him away for free. Is that what you are insinuating?

Are you insinuating if we dont get a good deal he will play next year for us? All im saying is he will leave and we will have no choice but to accept unders for him.

Are you insinuating if we dont get a good deal he will play next year for us? All im saying is he will leave and we will have no choice but to accept unders for him.

BS we will, gold Coast didnt trade Caddy when we offered a future all Australian chb?

Swans didnt trade ROK? HE won Norm Smith.

Paddy signed a contract. Bad luck honour it unless we receive a fair and equitable trade.

Port want and can taste a premiership, well pay up for it.

If 16 is the most Port wish to offer and any players as extras are not of the required standard for Essendon, the next logical step would be to get other clubs involved, as there is plenty of movement on the cards already across a number of clubs.

According to his manager (he's full of s**t but nonetheless) Paddy just wants a fresh start interstate.

It's not about family
It's not about EFC
It's not about money

So surely that puts 8 clubs in the frame?

Brisbane have already expressed interest
GC surely if they lose Gorringe
GWS are in for anybody
Sydney doubtful - big, big salary cap issues
Port yes
Adelaide possible, but doubtful
West Coast maybe, long term partner for Nicnat
Freo definitely, they're in for everybody need another key forward and a great ruck tandem with Sandi

Throw it out there - see what comes back

If Paddy isn't agreeable he's more than welcome at Tulla next year

BS we will, gold Coast didnt trade Caddy when we offered a future all Australian back pocket?

Swans didnt trade ROK? HE won Norm Smith.

Paddy signed a contract. Bad luck honour it unless we receive a fair and equitable trade.

Port want and can taste a premiership, well pay up for it.

EFA ;)

I referred to freo vs mitch clarke Before.

I know different set of circumstances with ASADA but.

if Freo didnt d!*k around with trade offering they may have secured a premiership and Clarke may be a different person.

now observe hawks, went out got Burgoyne, Gibson, Gunston, Mcevoy, Lake, Hale without fanfare without d!*king around.

Which club does Port want to be, a team of what could have been like Freo or a team with a shiny trophy in its cabinet like Hawks.
Port will get him no doubt, but what they pay will dependant on what other clubs offer, not on the empty threat that we will hold into him

Irrespective of what we get - I don't want him at EFC next year. I also do not wish him good luck.

Can't see why anybody would turn their nose up at #16 + O'Shea, he fills a need we have and is probably Best 22 in a club that is better than us. If we use Pick #16 effectively it could turn out to be a win for us.

Not the worst time for Ryder to go either, he is currently at maximum value given he just played his best season, who knows if he will be able to reproduce a similar season going forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrespective of what we get - I don't want him at EFC next year. I also do not wish him good luck.

i-said-good-day-sir.jpg

Has to be their first round pick and O'Shea or first round pick + second round pick + a fringe player.

The news that Gorringe has requested a trade to Port makes things interesting, Port are going to have find some draft picks or miss out on Ryder or Gorringe.

The threat doesn't have to be empty.
see below
We are already bent over by the media and we are taking it hard and fast. The question is; how do we make it stop?
It wont be best for the club if we hold him against his will. Imagine if the media get hold of people in his extended family who are willing to comment? There has never been a point in the history of any sporting club that needed solidarity more than Essendon right now.
But we shouldn't need to take unders for him, because there should be sufficient competition from other clubs. I have no doubt we are heavily involved in negotiations with several other clubs right now.
But one thing needs to be clear here. We will if need be, take unders for him rather than hold onto him. Port will know that and will keep their finger on the pulse to see who they need to outbid.

Has to be their first round pick and O'Shea or first round pick + second round pick + a fringe player.

The news that Gorringe has requested a trade to Port makes things interesting, Port are going to have find some draft picks or miss out on Ryder or Gorringe.
Gorringe really isnt worth much when hes out of contract, wants to leave and has already signalled his intent to join Port Adelaide as the specific club.

Gorringe wont affect the Ryder trade.

Gorringe really isnt worth much when hes out of contract, wants to leave and has already signalled his intent to join Port Adelaide as the specific club.

Disagree, Gold Coast have already demonstrated they are a tough club to deal with and won't allow a first round pick who they have developed for several years leave for little in return. Plenty of clubs would love to select Gorringe in the pre-season draft before Port if he does walk out.

Disagree, Gold Coast have already demonstrated they are a tough club to deal with and won't allow a first round pick who they have developed for several years leave for little in return. Plenty of clubs would love to select Gorringe in the pre-season draft before Port if he does walk out.
Gorringe is under contract I'm pretty sure.

Why do you see that as the case with GC, what examples of players?

You need to remember Gorringe has shown zero at AFL level.

No we don't, Port do.

Nailed it.

FWIW, with Port clearly interested in Gorringe as well (plus having Redden on their list), I'm starting to think we might either be holding firm and keeping Paddy (which will be a bizarre feeling really) or trading him elsewhere.

Port have already stated they were happy to take 2 rucks and with the delisting of Renouf that seems to be the case.

Port will want both Gorringe and Ryder.

I wouldnt be giving anything more than 35 for Gorringe.

Port have already stated they were happy to take 2 rucks and with the delisting of Renouf that seems to be the case.

Port will want both Gorringe and Ryder.

I wouldnt be giving anything more than 35 for Gorringe.

Well that's career suicide for Gorringe, to go from a club with 2 rucks ahead of him (Smith and Nichols) to another club with 2 rucks ahead of him (Lobbe and Ryder should Ryder go there).

He can't leave without our permission. Unless he wants to quit the sport entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back