Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

It's alright, he'll only be in discomfort for a week or two before pre-season starts.

Until Giles gets his hands on him.

st-kilda.jpg

We are worse the St Kilda.

Agree he's a good player when fit. That's a big if though.

Also Ryder for 7 & Giles is much better.

Played 37 Games in the last two years - That's pretty Durable for a pick 37.....

Dear Paddy - I don't really care that you wanted out. Matter of fact I genuinely don't really disagree with your reasons for wanting out. It's been a s**t couple of years, and some people aren't built of stern stuff (that's not meant to be an insult). Reality is, sometimes players just want a fresh start. I don't begrudge Monfries for it (is still my fav non-EFC player) and many, many players swap clubs year after year.

Now, having said that.....

You are a disgrace. I don't give a **** if you gave us 'years of service' (WTF does that even mean you were a paid employee....). Your manager is an extension of you, so when it gets dropped on us the week of our final that you want out, that is YOUR ****ING DOING you piece of s**t.

But hey, aside from being a really s**t act that disrespected your team mates, as well as the supporters of this club that just wanted to play finals football - I can live with it. You want out. But like it or lump it you are a ****ing contracted player. Contracted. A contract that YOU signed AFTER YOU'D BEEN ******* JABBED!!

But fine, you want to leave. Ok. Sure, sure, give us a preferred club and we will accept slight unders to get you there if we have to. But by refusing to talk to GWS (or any other club) you * us again by not allowing us to seek proper value for you. Guess you weren't THAT desperate to get out were you?

So **** you, you whiny bitch. Don't ****ing show up at anything Essendon related - you aren't welcome. I will boo you until I can barely generate a sound anymore; not giving a * how many ambulance chasing talentless ****silly people in the media think we are being unfair.

In hindsight, may your career be summarised in the same words as your character -

A worthless piece of s**t.

We are worse the St Kilda.
wut. how.

Aside from them beating us this year :\

Dear Paddy - I don't really care that you wanted out. Matter of fact I genuinely don't really disagree with your reasons for wanting out. It's been a s**t couple of years, and some people aren't built of stern stuff (that's not meant to be an insult). Reality is, sometimes players just want a fresh start. I don't begrudge Monfries for it (is still my fav non-EFC player) and many, many players swap clubs year after year.

Now, having said that.....

You are a disgrace. I don't give a **** if you gave us 'years of service' (WTF does that even mean you were a paid employee....). Your manager is an extension of you, so when it gets dropped on us the week of our final that you want out, that is YOUR ****ING DOING you piece of s**t.

But hey, aside from being a really s**t act that disrespected your team mates, as well as the supporters of this club that just wanted to play finals football - I can live with it. You want out. But like it or lump it you are a ****ing contracted player. Contracted. A contract that YOU signed AFTER YOU'D BEEN ******* JABBED!!

But fine, you want to leave. Ok. Sure, sure, give us a preferred club and we will accept slight unders to get you there if we have to. But by refusing to talk to GWS (or any other club) you **** us again by not allowing us to seek proper value for you. Guess you weren't THAT desperate to get out were you?

So **** you, you whiny bitch. Don't ****ing show up at anything Essendon related - you aren't welcome. I will boo you until I can barely generate a sound anymore; not giving a **** how many ambulance chasing talentless ****silly people in the media think we are being unfair.

In hindsight, may your career be summarised in the same words as your character -

A worthless piece of s**t.
Quality rant, that one.

wut. how.

Right now we are. We've lost all credibility.

I'm staggered that our board can't see the pattern they've got into with the bluster and fire & brimstone, just to back down over and over again like a bunch of weak pricks. For gods sake just for once stick to your guns, grow some balls, and for * sake stop ******* backing down all the ******* time!!

After the s**t the club put any of these 34 players through - the least we could do is respect the decision of which club he wanted to go to.

This is life and contracts are a piece of paper - The right outcome is reached and our recruiting team have done an excellent job getting in some silk and a more than decent ruckman for nothing, and two picks in the top 20.

Well * me - the sky is falling....... the list is stronger today than it was 2 months ago.

We got Merrett at 27 last year - imagine adding two players as equal or better to what he is.

We have drafted pretty well of late so Back them in and stop this rubbish sooking.

I'm staggered that our board can't see the pattern they've got into with the bluster and fire & brimstone, just to back down over and over again like a bunch of weak pricks. For gods sake just for once stick to your guns, grow some balls, and for **** sake stop ******* backing down all the ******* time!!
St Kilda just won their 27th wooden spoon this season. We are definitely a better club than them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm staggered that our board can't see the pattern they've got into with the bluster and fire & brimstone, just to back down over and over again like a bunch of weak pricks. For gods sake just for once stick to your guns, grow some balls, and for **** sake stop ******* backing down all the ******* time!!
We aren't alone - see GWS and Footscray. That's footy in 2014 I suspect.

Bullshit how?

Lets see how you can objectively argue this.

Open your other eye and see a bigger picture.

He's contracted. He wants out, fair enough, but money's not an issue (supposedly), and a specific city/location isn't an issue as he'd had discussions with numerous clubs.

Why does he get to choose his location? If we are gracious enough to facilitate a trade for a contracted player then we're duty bound to get the best deal for the club, not get screwed so the player can get to the club of his choice.

Let me ask you, what did we do to him that we should be bent over to agree to his demands? Isn't helping him (a contracted player) get to any other location good enough if he just wants out?

Plenty mate, this was probably more directed to my work mates who stalk BF, much like myself until recently.
In saying that, i think i have an inappropriate manlove for the bloke

i tried mate, got the old "username must be less than 15 characters."

Is there somewhere you guys want me to introduce myself?
You've introduced yourself and are now going through the bum-paddle-slap initiation. The naked firewalk comes next but only if you endure our flippant bum-paddling. * Ryder!

As the dust settles, Paddy has probably done the club a favour by moving on. The ruck division and the team its self will be reborn without the talents of Paddy. I can live with that. It's a fresh start.

He's contracted. He wants out, fair enough, but money's not an issue (supposedly), and a specific city/location isn't an issue as he'd had discussions with numerous clubs.

Why does he get to choose his location? If we are gracious enough to facilitate a trade for a contracted player then we're duty bound to get the best deal for the club, not get screwed so the player can get to the club of his choice.

Let me ask you, what did we do to him that we should be bent over to agree to his demands? Isn't helping him (a contracted player) get to any other location good enough if he just wants out?

We ran a Supplements program that has consumed their lives and put added stress onto their lives that they did not deserve.

They are facing bans of up to two years.

They have no idea what was injected into them.

Our club allowed an injustice that too many Essendon supporters are too willing to look over.

We have put our players health and well being at risk - and you want to argue about a piece of paper and a signature.

We got something back for him - a first round pick and a former brownlow medallist. Ryder has barely missed a game in 9 years and has never finished top 3 in a best and fairest. Whilst he is a good player - the economics of the deal are not as horrendous as people are making out.

Why does he get to choose his location - because the ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB farked him over.....

That is why.

Take solace in the fact that his best is well and truly behind him.

Has never been nearly as good playing anywhere but 1st choice ruck.

He's a massive Judas and he'll cop it from me till he retires, and I hope crows supporters give it to him as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back