Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
536933_3851463543912_1002979772_n.jpg

Lookin good too :thumbsu:

Re: 30. Paddy Ryder

he has been great this year, but he is not always switched on. i thought he was terrible on saturday night. maybe a long season is starting to catch up on him.

remember he is only 19. maybe he could do with a week or two break

he has been great this year, but he is not always switched on. i thought he was terrible on saturday night. maybe a long season is starting to catch up on him.

remember he is only 19. maybe he could do with a week or two break

Hope you are not right there hulld, we need him for the rest of the season so we can send hirdy out the way he deserves (a final hopefully in melbourne)

Sign him up now i dont want to here deluded West Coast and Freo supporters spreading stupid rumours that hes heading back to WA:rolleyes:

1-pendles
2-selwood
3-hurn
4-ryder

he has just dropped in the past 5-6 weeks. he started like a house on fire but those midfielders have been more consistent than paddy

1-pendles
2-selwood
3-hurn
4-ryder

he has just dropped in the past 5-6 weeks. he started like a house on fire but those midfielders have been more consistent than paddy

Id Suggest he's still ahead of Hurn, however Ryders form has slowed a bit.

it won't happen, but i reckon if he were dropped for a week it would be a wake up call for him.

although he was pretty good yesterday. his tapwork is at times amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I noticed about Paddy against Freo was his deceptive body strength. He is stronger than he looks. He held his own against Chris Tarrant in a couple of marking duels.

Ryder..

Ryder was consistent all year playing CHB kinda role and at times dominated opponents. certain times throughout the year he was also thrown into the middle, his jump and tapwork were excellent.... begs the question where is better for him and for the club

Re: Ryder..

I don't know if I'd rather see him at CHB or in the ruck, but as far as difficult decisions go, it's not a bad one to have to make.

Re: Ryder..

if laycock can stand up we would want to play him at CHB as we are a bit light for good key defenders

He had a great year but i have one concern that he has to iron out. Sometimes he just looks to casual or not interested. Has had a few games where he has missed easy tackles and even run past the opposition without trying to stop them. He needs to be on his game all the time. There is no doubting he has the tallent , lets hope he has the drive.

Patrick Ryder
Had a real break out year surprising most people with the way he handled playing in defence. Got to showcase his skill a bit more and showed that for a big bloke he had great skill and good pace. He was very composed under pressure in defence and his ability to read the game lead to him having plenty of time to do some smart things in pressure situations. His form dropped away a bit towards the end of the year but improved 200% on his first year and most of the time it looked like he felt he belonged at AFL level. His ruckwork was pretty good but he still has a long way to go with his around the ground work where he struggled at times to run with the oposing ruckman.
Strengths
Composure under pressure.
Very good skills.
Ability to play forward or back.
Great natural leap.
Very agile
Weakness
Does not always look like he is going at 100%
His around the ground work and positioning when in the ruck.
Tackling is not so good.
Prediction
His ability to leap and tap the footy gives him a huge edge in the ruck but he has a fair way to go with other aspects of the ruckman. Looks like he will be very comfortable playing KP forward or defence. A real future star in the making but does have to lift in the intesity stakes.

Anyone notice Paddy running barefoot in the Grand Final sprint?

Got off to a horrible start, but his stride is HUGE and he came through in fourth.

Anyone notice Paddy running barefoot in the Grand Final sprint?

Got off to a horrible start, but his stride is HUGE and he came through in fourth.
Yeh i thought it was a bit odd, was part of the reason he slipped at the start because he probably had no grip. Looks in good shape aswell, looks as if he's added a bit more weight to the frame but not too much. Should be good next season.

i'm guessing your thinking about the dale thomas tackle. but if you disregard that you find that he often tries to tackle blokes with his hands not his arms.
i think that this is linked in with his so called easy going or lazy nature

Remove this Banner Ad

Back