Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the worry free stance we can take - we don't have as much on the line as the players do though.

put yourself in his shoes. No one can definitively say what has or what hasn't been put into his body, his livelihood is on the line, they scared him and his pregnant partner for 18 months with constant health issues that could arise for their child.

They have issued show cause notices and are on the verge of reissuing show cause notices.

The clubs handling of the last 18 months has been farcical and would barely fill you full of confidence. Then they were laughed out of court when they tried to get off on a technicality.

Some heads have rolled but nobody has taken responsibility for the program, a program that was put in place by the club.

I am disappointed Ryder has gone, but astonished that he is the only one.

I couldn't begrudge any of our players getting out after what we have put them through. just the stress whether guilty or not, the amateurish way we have handled it is enough.

At least we had the option and a club willing to deal with us, because if it was another club going through this, Dodoro would have taken them to the grievance tribunal and got them for free. Did we get unders, yes we did - but its fortunate that we got anything, as our players who are still there from that regime contract's are not worth the paper they are written on.
And despite all of that, Paddy was happy to stay on the proviso that ASADA finished their investigation after six months.

“This deal is why Paul Connors is regarded as one of the best in the business,” Cripps said.

“You can trust he’s going to stick right through the process. There were a lot of clubs trying to get involved in the deal. Paddy and Paul stuck with us.

“Even up to yesterday, GWS were trying to get Paul to break and trying to get Paddy to GWS, but he stayed strong and that’s why he’s probably regarded as the best in the business – because you can trust him and he’s got high integrity.”
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/lobbe-very-happy-with-ryder-signing

He'd damn well want to win a flag because he is going down in history as a bitch...

Can't help going back to wangers situation on this... Port now out rank Carltoss and McChinarama in my mind...

Used to fish vl turbos out of port... Grubby grubby low on teeth place... Sucked in Paddy, enjoy that media, dickhead...

That's the worry free stance we can take - we don't have as much on the line as the players do though.

put yourself in his shoes. No one can definitively say what has or what hasn't been put into his body, his livelihood is on the line, they scared him and his pregnant partner for 18 months with constant health issues that could arise for their child.

They have issued show cause notices and are on the verge of reissuing show cause notices.

The clubs handling of the last 18 months has been farcical and would barely fill you full of confidence. Then they were laughed out of court when they tried to get off on a technicality.

Some heads have rolled but nobody has taken responsibility for the program, a program that was put in place by the club.

I am disappointed Ryder has gone, but astonished that he is the only one.

I couldn't begrudge any of our players getting out after what we have put them through. just the stress whether guilty or not, the amateurish way we have handled it is enough.

At least we had the option and a club willing to deal with us, because if it was another club going through this, Dodoro would have taken them to the grievance tribunal and got them for free. Did we get unders, yes we did - but its fortunate that we got anything, as our players who are still there from that regime contract's are not worth the paper they are written on.
think on the bolded for a moment then. The players are the ones that have gone through all this s**t, yet only one has wanted to go because of the programme. Maybe s**t isn't as bad as you think? put yourself in their shoes - one person has gone... one! 2 players from Collingwood wanted out, we lost one... maybe all the hyperbole is just that?

think on the bolded for a moment then. The players are the ones that have gone through all this s**t, yet only one has wanted to go because of the programme. Maybe s**t isn't as bad as you think? put yourself in their shoes - one person has gone... one! 2 players from Collingwood wanted out, we lost one... maybe all the hyperbole is just that?

Maybe. Or are we just lucky?

Maybe having your name dragged through the mud in every media association everyday for 18 months, and public stigma isnt that bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Even up to yesterday, GWS were trying to get Paul to break and trying to get Paddy to GWS, but he stayed strong and that’s why he’s probably regarded as the best in the business – because you can trust him and he’s got high integrity.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-10-16/lobbe-very-happy-with-ryder-signing

You've got to be f-king kidding me. Weasel prick shops him to other clubs halfway through a contract then leaks the departure news just as the boys are warming up for their first final in how many years. YOU C***T!

Keep that fat faced **** away from managing any of our current & future players.

Port and carlton used to be my most hated teams.

Then port didn't seem so bad for a while. WCE easily overtook them and sat along side carlton. Now there are 3 teams sharing the top position as port rise to the same level again.

Is it strange that the club I love the most somehow strangely brings out the same feelings in me as the ones I hate the most at times. Not all the time, only in the ever increasing situations where we promise to fight, yet end up rolling over and playing dead after seeming so full of life.

Why do we have a thread for that campaigner Port player Pa$$y Ryder?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
History has to acknowledge even the most dastardly.

I moved it to the history sub-board literally the second the deal was sealed. :)

GWS apparently offered pick 4 late in the piece, says Adrian Dodoro. A shame didn't want to go there. Anyway, good luck to him, he is certainly a very decent person.

http://www.sen.com.au/audio

Considering that Port only has room in their cap for him because the AFL has created new 105% usage rules, backdated two years...

This stinks. Stinks in the "AFL are looking to get someone to break their contract rumours" stinks.

Had the pleasure of meeting Patty Ryder on 2 occasions and found him to be an outstanding person. Cared a lot about the community and people within it and went the extra mile for people. One night I was in the rooms after Dreamtime at the G, and after every other player had showered, dressed, completed their media commitments and left the changerooms, Patty was still in his Essendon shorts and jumper in the main room having a kick with, speaking to, signing autographs for, and just generally making himself available to a bunch of approx. 30 children. This went on for half an hour after every other Essendon player had left.

Yeah, it's terrible that he has left, and the circumstances are somewhat disappointing, but at the end of the day, football is just a game and the world will keep spinning whether Patty Ryder plays for Essendon or Port Power. Good luck Patty, hope the next part of your football adventure is what you want it to be, just as I hope you can look back on your Essendon days and remember the good stuff, rather than the ASADA stuff. Most importantly, keep on being the fantastic person that I and so many others found you to be!!

And now we have lost 30 children who would've been life-long Essendon supporters. Will the carnage never end? Won't somebody think of the...

176 games - if they are any good we can grab them

It sunk in today that we won't ever see Paddy Ryder do this again in an Essendon Uniform....I will cry myself to sleep tonight =(.

It sunk in today that we won't ever see Paddy Ryder do this again in an Essendon Uniform....I will cry myself to sleep tonight =(.

No, but we'll see him playing in front of tarps though once the Powers on field performance drops slightly.

****ing minnows, similar to St Kilda in thinking they had somehow become a big club because they were winning.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back