Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless Ryder is pushing for Brisbane.. I would see no reason why they would want him. First they have a couple of handy ruck options, second their age profile is younger.. and thus it is highly likely that Ryder would 'peak' too soon for that group.

Also the over-rating of picks on BF is legendary.. That is why I respected the Melbourne trade for Dom Tyson.. whilst Kelly looks like being a great pick up.. I would much prefer a 'known' quantity rather than a random pick that can go horribly wrong.

I wouldn't mind getting Lewis Taylor and pick 4.. if you have to do a deal.

Right now he has 2 years left on his contract.. so the deal will have to be right. However I have very serious doubts about whether he would want to leave the club.

Sandilands is overrated. Freo had 75 hit outs to 23 against Carlton and fell in. Plus he does * all around the ground. Jacobs??Pfft. Paddy was robbed.

Sauce deserves it.

I for one am outraged at the lack of Nic Nat, Dean Cox and Darren Glass

:D

Unless Ryder is pushing for Brisbane.. I would see no reason why they would want him. First they have a couple of handy ruck options, second their age profile is younger.. and thus it is highly likely that Ryder would 'peak' too soon for that group.

Also the over-rating of picks on BF is legendary.. That is why I respected the Melbourne trade for Dom Tyson.. whilst Kelly looks like being a great pick up.. I would much prefer a 'known' quantity rather than a random pick that can go horribly wrong.

I wouldn't mind getting Lewis Taylor and pick 4.. if you have to do a deal.

Right now he has 2 years left on his contract.. so the deal will have to be right. However I have very serious doubts about whether he would want to leave the club.

That's why all this talk is ridiculous.

Sandilands is overrated. Freo had 75 hit outs to 23 against Carlton and fell in. Plus he does * all around the ground. Jacobs??Pfft. Paddy was robbed.
There is a reason why he is the 1 mill a year club.

All-Australians ask for more money, its a good things he's not in the 40, will be cheaper to keep him..:D

Just sharing something that was brought up on Blitz.

"so friend plays netball with his wife and she was certainly chewing the fat on Monday night
*Just flew back from Brisbane with Paddy
*Wants out and be traded to QLAND or NSW clubs
*Lost faith in the club, doesnt trust them
*She said that he won't win B&F (because he isn't one of the favoured boys) chuckled at that
*Was worried about the injections with their 10 month old, got tests etc. All good.
*Going on honeymoon, back late Oct - needs to all be finalised by then
*Not going to WA, threat of being caught up in off field stuff with family

I have no idea her grasp around him still being in contract though

shattered"

You can choose to believe it or not, but I reckon that the poster isn't making it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just making contact with family now. Will hopefully find out something solid soon enough.

Really though.. IF it is true (and I don't think it is) then so be it.. sometimes players want to leave.. no sweat. We are lucky because he is still under contract so it will have to be via trade.

Apparently Brisbane are looking to offload Leunberger.. who I think could be alright if he gets a run at it..

So something like Pick 4 + Leuy and maybe swap of later round pick.. for Ryder.. then it isn't ideal.. but it is what it is.

IF Paddy wants out.. far better to deal now than see him walk as a free agent later..

Should we get pick 4. Bundle pick 4 with 19 for the Saints pick 1 and get Petracca. We will well and truly win out there :D

(edit: Jack Package will at least be happy if that ever came true)

Negative. any deal where we lose ryder is a loss. He's the Mark Waugh of footy, he hardly ever looks like he's trying

Take the red and black tinted glasses off. Jacobs has been elite. As has Sandi
Ryder has been elite, seriously Sandilands has not been a shell of his former self...it's just another kick in the guts for us, hopefully it stings paddy into a massive game this week, again....Not that we should think too much about what the umps think but I wouldn't be surprised to see Paddy poll more brownlow votes than the other 2...Fret not Paddy, we know how brilliant you have been even if some have short memories...

Just sharing something that was brought up on Blitz.

"so friend plays netball with his wife and she was certainly chewing the fat on Monday night
*Just flew back from Brisbane with Paddy
*Wants out and be traded to QLAND or NSW clubs
*Lost faith in the club, doesnt trust them
*She said that he won't win B&F (because he isn't one of the favoured boys) chuckled at that
*Was worried about the injections with their 10 month old, got tests etc. All good.
*Going on honeymoon, back late Oct - needs to all be finalised by then
*Not going to WA, threat of being caught up in off field stuff with family

I have no idea her grasp around him still being in contract though

shattered"

You can choose to believe it or not, but I reckon that the poster isn't making it up.

Swiss cheese story.
- early on refers to Ryder's partner as his wife, when it's his fiance
- Ryder has always been a favorite -- certainly from the impression I got of the club -- they wrapped him up with a 4 year deal because they were that keen on him.
- If Ryder wanted to leave because of losing faith in the club, and didn't want to return to WA, why would he limit himself to NSW/QLD? Why not SA, considering Port's premiership window is opening and he would be somewhat closer to family?
- I'm not even going to get into the medical stuff.
- She's saying Ryder flew up to brisbane during the last few days and it went unnoticed by the 1000s of Barrett's hanging out in Afl players' bins?

I can't say I have ever seen you write that...

I have posted the same thoughts on numerous occasions - AFL players have children at a younger age than the average - Get married at a younger age - I have no idea why this is the case - Dylan Roberton nearly lost his career because of this scenario.

The earlier posts supports my assertion that players should be footloose and fancyfree till near the end of their careers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back