Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

He must have done quite a job on that hamstring against Carlton a couple of years ago. It's a credit to Reece and the entire Richmond medical and conditioning team that he's been brought through that and in his first game back showed himself to be a valuable component of the team. Also shows that while some players can amass high possessions in the VFL and fail at AFL level, some highly talented players look average at VFL but shine in the AFL. Possibly because the higher standard of player around them in the AFL allows them to demonstrate their skills. I'd be reluctant to write off a few of our chronically injured players in the VFL just yet. Chris Knights, I'm talking about you.

He must have done quite a job on that hamstring against Carlton a couple of years ago. It's a credit to Reece and the entire Richmond medical and conditioning team that he's been brought through that and in his first game back showed himself to be a valuable component of the team. Also shows that while some players can amass high possessions in the VFL and fail at AFL level, some highly talented players look average at VFL but shine in the AFL. Possibly because the higher standard of player around them in the AFL allows them to demonstrate their skills. I'd be reluctant to write off a few of our chronically injured players in the VFL just yet. Chris Knights, I'm talking about you.
Off the bone from memory. With modern surgery we get a bit blase about injuries, but theses were career ending in a different era.

good game, disappointing lack of koala-action last night though.
Well we only kicked 10 goals, the boys forgot what it's like to get the cuddles so watch us increase our goal conversion now that he's back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAWTHORN best-and-fairest winner Josh Gibson could miss next week’s match-up against in-form Saint Nick Riewoldt after being reported for a high hit on Richmond’s Reece Conca.

The hit, which saw Conca assessed for concussion, was the sole blemish in a clinical 66-point win over nemesis Richmond at the MCG yesterday.

Gibson hit Conca only slightly late, but the Tigers midfielder was left with a black eye in a report assessed as charging by umpire Brendan Hosking.

HAWTHORN best-and-fairest winner Josh Gibson could miss next week’s match-up against in-form Saint Nick Riewoldt after being reported for a high hit on Richmond’s Reece Conca.

The hit, which saw Conca assessed for concussion, was the sole blemish in a clinical 66-point win over nemesis Richmond at the MCG yesterday.

Gibson hit Conca only slightly late, but the Tigers midfielder was left with a black eye in a report assessed as charging by umpire Brendan Hosking.
so last night was payback?

His moustache looks like a bit of left over lasagne sauce.
Seriously though he does add another element to our midfield. His pressure is under rated. He usually chimes in with a goal or two as well.
He isn't a gun yet but defiantly can be.
It would be great if he actually did a full pre-season and stayed injury free for a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back