30. Reece Conca

Delediodamage

Debutant
Nov 16, 2010
Bendigo
AFL Club
Richmond
After watching a couple of NAB Cup matches i have decided that this man will be our most improved player this year. Even though he only played the one 40min game, i saw enough to suggest he will take the next step.

Im not expecting him to become an elite mid, but i think he will become a ever reliable 20-25 disposal, no errors, consistant linkman.

With Cotch, Lids, Newy, Foley, ect he should be afforded his own space and show why Richmond took hin at #6 - I love the ball in his hands :thumbsu:

When he's not getting confused with Daniel Jackson, Reece Conca likes to spend his spare time studying Commerce and Psychology externally. I actually think he's studying the same thing I am.

Conca has put on 5kg since he started according to the latest Champion Data. He was going great guns until he broke his toe last year, getting a lot more time in the middle and learning the craft of supporting your team mates. He obviously listens to advice, just like this pearl of wisdom from his Q&A on the RFC site:
Best advice received: Don’t shower next to Robbie Nahas

So the big question is, how will he perform in his 3rd year? There are high hopes for the number 6 draft pick at the club, very little elsewhere.

Traegar Park Training
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151425911963276.507991.298686323275&type=1
555789_10151425916408276_1931900806_n.jpg

48072_10151425915833276_83697264_n.jpg

Damn, I had no idea how interrupted his pre season had been yet again, hopefully he gets a pretty clear run of it from here on so he can show just why he went at pick 6.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
The Rusty Trombone has raised the stakes, I'm gonna have to go to the Conca family restaurant in Perth and check out their food and write a review

Research is everything Dr Mike. You'd be amazed what you can find out about the players if you do your research properly , make the appropriate calls and get proof that what people are telling you is infact correct . I can't stand sloppy journalism. Great write up in Concs by the way. Keep up the good work ! Rhys might rival Steve Verrier for most improved this year .

If you go with low expectations, you may walk away satisfied :confused:
Used to go past there every day to/from school, been in a few times but haven't tried their chilli muscles so when I get a chance it's on!

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Used to go past there every day to/from school, been in a few times but haven't tried their chilli muscles so when I get a chance it's on!

Yeah I spent the majority of the last 6 years living in East Vic Park so it was pretty local - only went in once or twice though. Once being on a walk back from a party at 1am or so: We were headed to Vic Park Macca's and thought Conca's could sort us out with a feed. The prices they were charging for a container full of pasta that had been sitting in the bain marie were outrageous so we continued on our way! Haha

Conca filling the shoes we knew he would :)

4. Reece Conca played his best game for the Club.
The 20-year-old midfielder, in his 37thgame of league football, produced an excellent performance that had him right up there among the best players on the ground. Conca had 25 possessions (10 of them contested), including four inside-50s, four clearances, took four marks and provided the team with considerable drive through his hard running and efficient ball use. He displayed really impressive composure, as evidenced by the short pass to teammate Ivan Maric, which threaded the needle late in the last quarter, and was subsequently converted into the match-sealer by the big bloke.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-09/richos-sixpointers-round-2

But from this voice in row J, seat 18, on the second level of the Ponsford Stand, Reece Conca is the night’s most telling contributor. There’s a lot to like about the way this 20-year-old from Perth goes about it on the field.
I love the way Reece attacks the ball. I love the way he uses it. I love the way he opens up play. I love his tackles, I love his goalkicking. I love that he plays with a smile. I love his exuberance. And, I love it when late in the last quarter he gathers a loose ball near the boundary, turns inboard, and jinks a spearing pass (“threads the needle,” as they say) to Ivan Maric. It’s a goal-assist that helps seal the win.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2...right-round-2-report-in-praise-of-reece-conca

280983-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

RICHMOND midfielder Reece Conca says he played the best game of his fledging career on Friday night, citing the club’s new found depth for greater confidence in his game.

Conca collected 25 disposals and was one of the Tigers’ prominent contributors in the win over St Kilda.

The sixth pick in the 2010 National Draft, Conca said he was enjoying his football more as the Tigers moved to 2-0.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-10/depth-key-to-cubs

Back