Past #30: Tom Curran - officially delisted/retired from North Melbourne (31/10/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Grima , Thompson, Tippett and Hansen are all fairly mobile.

If the Club deems our fitness to be at a level that allows two ruckmen that's even better.

Although I do believe Currie would be warming the seat for Majak's return.

I'm not so sure, although his preseason form was ordinary, Currie has busted his ass getting his first game and won't let a spot go due to lack of effort.

I'm not so sure, although his preseason form was ordinary, Currie has busted his ass getting his first game and won't let a spot go due to lack of effort.

I reckon that's what we'll all be hoping for Nev, with the result being the first signs of a deadly ruck/beanpole forward combo. Fingers crossed anyway.

Hopefully this stops the likes of nic nat from towering over our backline. I wonder if seeing teams like gws and sydneys forward lines containing monsters had anything to do with inclusion so soon

Grima would be a big loss. But there is no doubt that we need 100% fit players in the side, and the latest foot injury aside, I doubt that Grima can be fully match fit at present.

I honestly believe his best footy is ahead of him, but by the time he plays his 50th game, he'll be a free agent - albeit restricted. We need to plan for this IMO & have a good look at the compensation we are likely to be entitled to. Just like when JWS went down in a commando course at Puckapunyal - people to need to held accountable.

I honestly believe his best footy is ahead of him, but by the time he plays his 50th game, he'll be a free agent - albeit restricted. We need to plan for this IMO & have a good look at the compensation we are likely to be entitled to. Just like when JWS went down in a commando course at Puckapunyal - people to need to held accountable.
Nothing to fear Arty Cloke. He won't want to leave after winning the Coleman. ;)

It won't come to this, Arthur. We're soon going to sign him on a Buddy Franklin-esque 9 year deal. Of course he won't get $10m. We'll have to pay a slight premium above market rates to lock him in but not a penny more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wouldn't be hard, lol:rolleyes:

Sorry for those thinking this might be some sort of injury update on Tom Curran. I'm umpteen thousand miles away from Arden St so have no idea how he progressing (not that some news wouldn't be welcome).

Actually, this is just a shout out to give some encouragement to young Tom Curran in his rehab as some feel like he will struggle to get over his foot problems. We know how much of a mental battle it is for young players to cope with long-term injuries, as we have seen with Robbie Tarrant, Jesse Smith, and others, so I thought a bit of support wouldn't hurt.

Keep fighting Tom Curran.

Sorry for those thinking there might be some injury update. I'm umpteen thousand miles away from Arden St so have no idea how he progressing (not that some news wouldn't be welcome).

Actually, this is just a shout out to give some encouragement to young Tom Curran in his rehab as some feel like he will struggle to get over his foot problems. We know how much of a mental battle it is for young players to cope with long-term injuries, as we have seen with Robbie Tarrant, Jesse Smith, and others, so I thought a bit of support wouldn't hurt.

Keep fighting Tom Curran.

Surprised so many are putting a line through him, for the record Tazz spent three years on the sidelines before getting his body right.

hopefully he can get not he park before the end of the year, and continue his re-gab on the rookie list.

I think we need to face facts - chronic foot injuries rarely end well. I had a clavicular injury in my left foot when I was at Western Jets many moons ago - career over. What could've been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back