Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

If posting on the forum is not about predictions and opinions, then what the heck is it about? Factual reporting is done in the media. We are here to discuss our gut feels and opinions, I would have thought. And POTY of the year means FA to me.
POTY was poetic license I'd reckon mate. It had to fit as a replacement lyric.

Fundamentally I agree with your opinion about opinions. They're all fine. IMHO, of course.

You are now officially crowned BF's first Preusist. Head of the anti Preuse gang. People will shortly be falling out of trees in support of you and your cause. So hold firm.

If it makes you feel better, I wrote him off after seeing his hair, I had at that point already assumed his beliefs and work ethic weren't commensurate with a high performance professional sporting environment.
He's not young enough to be automatic best 22?

Which is fair enough.

The kid is a space cadet and has next to no chance of making it.

That's a perfectly acceptable opinion to have made on exposed form/life ability.

You've made the call and there is no need to justify it.

You are now officially crowned BF's first Preusist. Head of the anti Preuse gang. People will shortly be falling out of trees in support of you and your cause. So hold firm.

If it makes you feel better, I wrote him off after seeing his hair, I had at that point already assumed his beliefs and work ethic weren't commensurate with a high performance professional sporting environment.

This reminds me of the shop scene in Falling Down where Michael Douglas starts getting support from the neo-Nazi.

Waiting for EH to say to Arjen "no no no I'm not the same as you".

I once upon would have felt this way. But if Ben Brown has taught me anything, it's not the size of your hair, but what you do with it.

Solid legs too for a bloke over 200cm.

Hazey1977 likes this
I've gotta say, after 7-8 years on Big Footy I'm glad I've finally found my niche and am getting some recognition as #1 international leg and mid section assessor! How do I tell the new wife about my new role on BF?

Again, let me repeat, that my opinion is not as informed, as it could be in 12 months time after watching his VFL form etc. But, from the video I can tell several things:

He is very laid back, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed and he doesn't seem particularly driven or focused. Just happy to be here.

Neither of the above is a problem, if you are a natural talent. But if you are new to the game and need to learn a hell of a lot to get to senior level, you do need all of the above qualities to get there. Which is why I think it is very doubtful he'll get there. But I wish him all the best, and as a rookie selection, I certainly have no issue with it.
Yeh not a Rhode Scholar but don't be fooled by his persona. Played for our club in NQ. Yeh a AFL backwater but this lad was struck down with manangitis and spent two weeks in hospital. Came out with a bottle around his neck with a tube feeding drugs directly to his heart but still persisted with his required gym training and running so as to try and break back into the seniors. Trust us when we say there is nothing wrong with his commitment

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Mitch Robinson can play AFL anyone can. That bloke is as dumb as a brick and his face looks like it's been hit with one too.

Has face has been dragged through a quarry.

I didn't realise that having a laidback demeanor means that someone can't be a good footballer. Someone should go warn Brownlow medalist Dane Swan. :eek:

In fairness to Event Horizon sometimes Facts like "Greenwood is a wanted Player at North" meen FA and a Hunch like "J.Cameron ends up at North in 2016" turn out to be true! see what i did there.....

No need to pot the bloke for his demeanor in front of the cameras immediately after being drafted, it takes all kinds to make up this world of ours.

He's a listed NMFC player now and until we see what he can do with a footy in his hands I'm happy to reserve judgment.

if Mitch Robinson can play AFL anyone can. That bloke is as dumb as a brick and his face looks like it's been hit with one too.
Brick beat him in a debate then celebrated it's victory by high fiving him in the face, repeatedly.

I personally didn't pick up on stupidity, if anything I think his laid back manner coupled with a dry humour showed an air of confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back