Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

Preuss reminds me of the day I played school footy against Peninsula Grammar and they had this colossus running around in the warmup, a foot taller than any of his teammates and the size of a WWE wrestler. That someone was Stewy Leowe. Preuss has that same presence. I hope he can develop half of that ability to match the physique.

has the exact same frame and build as Kurt, perfect comparison.

really like the way he moves there is a hell of a lot to like about the youngster!
Mate, he is going to make Tippett look small.

Kurt that is. After one preseason he is already 110 kgs and is 207cm.

Our Sandi?
A different beast. He is low slung and super solid through the hips, arse and thighs, so will be impossible to move at ruck contests around the ground once in front position. I have yet to see any evidence of a significant vertical leap yet he does appear to have strong hands, so will be hard to beat one on one. He is also a bit of a cruiser around the ground, like most guys with short legs relative to their height (think Cunners), rather than Sandi who looks like he lumbers around. He is pretty light on his feet from what I've seen at training, pretty nimble and coordinated in all facets.

A different beast. He is low slung and super solid through the hips, arse and thighs, so will be impossible to move at ruck contests around the ground once in front position. I have yet to see any evidence of a significant vertical leap yet he does appear to have strong hands, so will be hard to beat one on one. He is also a bit of a cruiser around the ground, like most guys with short legs relative to their height (think Cunners), rather than Sandi who looks like he lumbers around. He is pretty light on his feet from what I've seen at training, pretty nimble and coordinated in all facets.
Ta. I do tend to be very simple.

I have yet to see any evidence of a significant vertical leap yet he does appear to have strong hand

Without giving anything away Phillyroo style ("Ben Brown moving well") watched a session where he was being individually coached by a group of development coaches and there was focus on his marking and use of a leap. It got quite technical and I don't want to compromise what they were doing but suffice to say we appear to have specific cues we want him to follow.

Without giving anything away Phillyroo style ("Ben Brown moving well") watched a session where he was being individually coached by a group of development coaches and there was focus on his marking and use of a leap. It got quite technical and I don't want to compromise what they were doing but suffice to say we appear to have specific cues we want him to follow.
Ball high in the air, then jump?

The only thing I would get into him early is get Ischenko to drill in some mongrel into him from a young age, be aggressive physically, use his huge body to his advantage, would love to see him play like Mumford.

The only thing I would get into him early is get Ischenko to drill in some mongrel into him from a young age, be aggressive physically, use his huge body to his advantage, would love to see him play like Mumford.
IMO no mummy was one of the reasons they lost the GF. He wouldn't have gone down without a fight. I rate Mumford pretty highly actually. If Preuss can develop an attitude like Mumford's, he'll be a ripper.

IMO no mummy was one of the reasons they lost the GF. He wouldn't have gone down without a fight. I rate Mumford pretty highly actually. If Preuss can develop an attitude like Mumford's, he'll be a ripper.

Mumford is only 198cm, it is that aggressiveness which makes him competitive, that similar type of aggression in a big bloke can lead to a Sandilands type of dominance, when Sandi is playing angry there is no stopping him, because he has the size to turn that agro into opposition carnage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get IschenkoUBeauty off the grog, you mean? :p

Leave it with me mate. I'll take Preussy out and teach him how to 'dance'. :D

Wot?? I thought we just sent out 22 each week and hoped for the best.

Are you saying we're dabbling in player development? :eek:

Wot?? I thought we just sent out 22 each week and hoped for the best.

Are you saying we're dabbling in player development? :eek:
Settle down. From what I've heard they are trying some stuff, but nothing radical like a Plan B. More like Plan A = Jump and catch the ball with the new addition of Plan A, Clause 1 = if Plan A fails, give Plan A another go.

Settle down. From what I've heard they are trying some stuff, but nothing radical like a Plan B. More like Plan A = Jump and catch the ball with the new addition of Plan A, Clause 1 = if Plan A fails, give Plan A another go.
This will revolutionise football.

Will be very hard to match up against in the goal square down the road. Not many defenders would have his standing reach to spoil and the size to move him.

Will be very hard to match up against in the goal square down the road. Not many defenders would have his standing reach to spoil and the size to move him.
From the highlights package you can see he just moved to the right spot reached up and grabbed it. Hopefully that's indicative of him reading the flight, and not just standing where everyone else is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back