Past #31: Cameron Delaney - selected by Geelong with pick 34 in 2014 Rookie Draft - delisted end '16

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Joel Perry all over again...

They do share a rather uncanny resemblance.

57491361-joel-perry-of-the-kangaroos-in-action-during-gettyimages.jpg

DELANEY%20Cameron.png

At this point, it's probably where he should be. If he can get himself right he's still a chance.
And that's the most relevant part, of course. This move must clearly indicate that if he can get himself right, either the odds are against it or it'll take a while and certainly not worth wasting a senior spot on in 2015. If he comes good, plays a bit (either VFL or AFL) he can be promoted again. Nothing lost, especially while Tippett will be right to go.

Scott McMahon has pictures.

......of his contract, which runs until Oct 31st 2015. Hopefully he's now able to at least give it his best shot, this long past his weight adding steroid treatment, and he can help teach the kiddies a thing or two.

I like the look of him, always have. Made a couple of threads about him over the last two seasons talking him up and that turned out well.

This pre-season I'm not saying a word, for Cam's sake.
Oh boy

Not sure of Delaneys injury but hes been with North for a while now,if fully fit he should be knocking the door down to take Grima position.....

Not sure of Delaneys injury but hes been with North for a while now,if fully fit he should be knocking the door down to take Grima position.....

is a KP defender who is 22 years of age, took Hansen until he was 24 to consistently impact in our AFL side. I'm tipping if Delaney is given as much time he will make a solid CHB.

I'll be thrilled if he can play at least 10 really good (I don't mean average) reserves games at chb in the second half of the season. This would be enough to win him a new contract.

Otherwise: ''Good luck with your career. We're going forward without you.''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a surprise for me too. I thought he would be a lock going into next year but if rookied I guess he still is. Hopefully this is the spark to get him to have a real crack at it and earn himself a certain spot in the team.

#31 Cameron Delaney

DELANEY%20Cameron.png

Games: 0
Goals: 0

Summary:
It feels like ages ago that the brother of Luke graced the AFL field wearing a North Melbourne jumper. After playing one game in 2013 before bowing out due to a toe injury, Delaney struggled with the same ailment restricting him from making a senior appearance all year. After recovering from surgery in the off-season, Delaney was selected to play in the VFL as he regained full fitness. However, after just two quarters, his toe injury flared up again, and he was put on ice for the rest of the season.

At the end of the year, North Melbourne delisted Delaney, but plan to redraft him as a rookie. With Nathan Grima and Michael Firrito nearing the end of their careers, it is vital that Delaney can shake the effects of his injury and develop into what North Melbourne believe he can be.

Cameron Delaney's 2014 season could be over after just half a VFL game, with the North Melbourne key defender struggling to shake a toe injury that's dogged him since August last year.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-06-27/delaneys-wait-and-see

Cameron+Delaney+o7iCdLORmr9m.jpg

Cameron+Delaney+muYMFrbl_Vvm.jpg

In The Age today under an article about Essendon's VFL ruckman, it was noted that Cameron Delaney has had little interest shown in him by other clubs, so the most likely outcome will be that North takes him in the rookie draft.

a ******* toe!!!
jlind: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Brett33. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Brett33: Yeah, but jlind...

jlind: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f***ing amateurs...

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back