Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Gwilt IMO is/was a useless pickup,
Disagree wholeheartedly. If Gwilt played against North in that final instead of Steinberg, we win. He's a good depth defender.

great game from Fletch last night. still spoiling everything with that right fist.

I loved his passion when Waite smashed young Z.Merrett - Fletch was fired up, old fella still has the fire.
I reckon he asks Fletch 100 questions a day, as he's so keen!

Would love him to play his 400th against the Cats instead of Dreamtime. But we're in no position to pick and choose what games he plays in at the moment unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree, I wouldn't even be surprised if the Tiges & Ess players lined up after the game to give the old fella a fitting send off, with 60,000 cheering.
Only 60k?

Only 60k?
Well in excess of 60K.

I was supposed to organising tickets for a group of 12.

Been trying to sort for the last hour.

Dude from ticketek group bookings reckons it could be a sellout! Can only seem to get groups of 2 or 3 together now.

Tickets selling REALLY fast

I can't see it being anything but the Dreamtime game. Hopefully it brings along plenty of members who only go to home games.

I hope he brings it up at the MCG.

The MCG is the deserved venue to play your 400th game. It will add probably 25,000 to the crowd.

Both Tuck and Bartlett brought up their 400th at the MCG, and rightly so.

Dreamtime will not overshadow Fletcher's 400th at all. If anything it will be the opposite. Fletch's 400th will overshadow Dreamtime. Playing 400 games is a once-in-a-generation event. I hardly think that overrated Aboriginal-themed pre-gamed entertainment will overshadow the biggest milestone in the AFL for 25 years.

Geelong game so much more better. Plainly.

Nup.

I agree with Jade. MCG is clearly the best option for the biggest milestone in a generation.The two previous 400 game milestones were brought up at the MCG. The 400 game milestone deserves the best ground and the biggest crowd. Seems obvious to me.

The only thing is that it will totally overwhelm Dreamtime. But frankly, who cares? Dreamtime is overrated anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back