Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

EFC will do a Judd with Fletch - keep him on for another year, play him in a dozen or so games. As has been said, he's still better than anyone trying to get a game, so he's not being gifted a spot. With the list progressing as it is, and our chances of finals glory in the next year or so being very real, having his century or so of experience will be priceless.

Do they have a veteran veteran's list, where his salary isn't counted at all?

i guess the only positive is that this isn't a 'getting older' type injury.

In theory it's an easy fix and shouldn't hold any long term effects. I was far more concerned about the groin than i was about the finger

If he wasn't thinking about playing on next year you would think he would tape it up and try and play though.
You'd hope so, yes.

My sinking feeling is more because, well, Fletch is in our best 22 and he's a loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I truly hope Fletch has at least another 7 games left in him, would be a huge shame if he retires only 7 games off.. But again, it wouldnt be a surprise, he'll be 40 next year, so it wouldnt be a surprise if he retires.

End of 2015 makes the most sense for the team. And I think Fletcher will know that.

Draft restrictions lift next year, Stein and Gregory will have another year in them, and as an added bonus he'll have the opportunity to crack the quadruple ton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back