Retired #31: Dustin Fletcher - Legend & VFL Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he's worth a 1st round pick + something (for example), or because Marcus Ashcroft is the muppet that demanded a 1st round pick for Josh Toy before delisting him?

Both. I get that they have Day, Lynch and a hell of a lot of ruckmen, but Dixon is vital to their structure.

He can be one of those players we can cover but never have a realistic chance of nabbing.

Charlie Dixon would cost a top 15 draft pick.
do-it.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard on Gameday just seemed very unsure about Fletch playing on next year.

Fairly sure Goddard was "positive" Ryder was going to stay and thats looking less likely now.

Fletch back in for 2015
October 11, 2014 9:17 PM
20141011_FletchBackInWebsiteHero.png

The decorated career of the AFL’s oldest player is set to continue after Dustin Fletcher agreed to a new one-year contract.

The beloved defender will play on in 2015 for a record-breaking 23rd season after agreeing to terms with Essendon this morning.

Fletcher is now set to join the prestigious 400-game club alongside Michael Tuck and Kevin Bartlett. The 39-year-old currently sits on 393 career games.

“I did have to sit down and really think about this decision but I know that my body is feeling good and I feel that I still have something to contribute to the team,” Fletcher said.

“I’m not particularly motivated by records, but I am motivated by my teammates and this great club.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-11/fletch-back-in-for-2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back