Delisted 31. Jordan Cunico (2015-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another injured Kitten with a sore paw! A sore back paw - knee :(

A flanker or wingman with a booming kick, strong mark + a good runner! Sounds impressive + he's from the Gipsland :hearts:

How is cunico tracking? Thought he was coming good at VFL level then got injured again last year, is he close to playing again? Thanks

How is cunico tracking? Thought he was coming good at VFL level then got injured again last year, is he close to playing again? Thanks
Your guess is as good as ours
There was one interview with him on the Cats site over the pre-season... then he hasn't been sighted since in any NAB squads even... and he didn't play in the VFL practice match on the weekend

We don't actually know.

He was interviewed in preseason and had bulked up a lot and was doing well in drills.
Once NAB started… not seen or heard from since…

He was impressive in the VFL at seasons end last year so hopefully nothing is awry…

GO Catters

Thanks hope he comes good soon and is atleast sighted. Did he play a bit of half back last year mainly or midfielder/wing? I have him in a keeper draft league I play which is why I ask :)

It was 1/2 back/wing mostly tha tI saw. Didn't see him the MF so much.

I see him becoming a Mackie type. I really hoped to see him in the NAB stuff but he pulled a Houdini..

Go Catters

It was 1/2 back/wing mostly tha tI saw. Didn't see him the MF so much.

I see him becoming a Mackie type. I really hoped to see him in the NAB stuff but he pulled a Houdini..

Go Catters

With the exception of Dean Gore, he was the lad most likely to take the next step in 2016 my opinion.

How is he coming up after his injury year last year? Having a good preseason to build some VFL form on? General upside? Have him in a dynasty league and thought he had some long term potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is he coming up after his injury year last year? Having a good preseason to build some VFL form on? General upside? Have him in a dynasty league and thought he had some long term potential

From a couple of months back. Dec 15, 2016

"FORGOTTEN Geelong youngster Jordan Cunico is daring to believe he can crack into one of the AFL’s strongest teams after beating the injury woes that have stalled his career.

The lively 20-year-old has not skipped a beat in pre-season training, finally earning a change of luck after enduring repeated knee setbacks in his first two seasons.

Cunico, a hard-running wingman, has been groomed for a half-forward role and is relishing the new-found confidence in his body after playing only four VFL games this year............"

More at link below.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/a45e8ef14be6f1b4f288b972608fce0c

Thanks, recruited him thinking he may play HBF but will take anything from him think he has some skills :)
For mine, to relate to a current player, he's our Mackie replacement.

He's not hurt now so whilst best 22 is a stretch, I could see him getting a debut at some point later in the year. He has competition however with Stewart, Thurlow and 2E now in the squad as well.

Go Catters

I think he will be a Winger. He played as a midfielder/forward in his junior days, so maybe a HFF rotation also.

He's a pretty smart footballer, so it will be interesting to see if his body holds up to the top level pressures and demands.

He was always going to take a 2-3 years, as he was pretty light when he joined the club.

Same with Hayball and Simpson, they will take 2-3 years at least.

I think he will be a Winger. He played as a midfielder/forward in his junior days, so maybe a HFF rotation also.

He's a pretty smart footballer, so it will be interesting to see if his body holds up to the top level pressures and demands.

He was always going to take a 2-3 years, as he was pretty light when he joined the club.

Same with Hayball and Simpson, they will take 2-3 years at least.
Is Cunico fast? I've seen a few VFL games over the last few years but can't recall seeing him.

Is Cunico fast? I've seen a few VFL games over the last few years but can't recall seeing him.

Doesnt look fast and seems to cover the ground easily. Not Motlop / Wojo fast but runs well. Not Dawson Simpson slow.

GO Cattrs

Really needs a good year... you never know, could be on the chopping block end of season.
tend to agree..

Like what he brings to the table - Mackie type skills and player.... but he needs to get out there. Been hurt too much of late after a good start.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back