Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Wood?

Was ironic seeing him clunk a mark only moments after Waite was reported. A report or injury will see him in the side and it looks as if he'll make the most of it!

*this is assuming Aaron Black is picked over Wood in Round 1, for no apparent reason.

He was okay yesterday but still much better than Black who was not good. Hopefully Blacky is just rusty because Wood should be playing round 1 instead at this point.

Dont want to blow my own Trumpet but i called it before yesterdays game that Wood could go past Brown and Black with a good performance.. The two B's have had an interrupted pre sea season.. Wood came third in Time trials at the club and he looks a find.. in saying that the coach could start with Black like TPD said for no apparent Reason..

Black is looking either very underdone or needs to build the confidence after last year. Brown is also looking underdone but stuff me if he doesn't manage to get on the end of runs and clunk it abnormally often. I don't know if we'll see it this year so much (not that he won't play) but just imagine him after one or two actual preseasons. He plays that CHF role really well and seems to have a durable body type.

Wood looked good. At the moment if it was a choice between him and Black for round 1 you'd be leaning towards him. Still another game to go though. I suspect we'll see both him and Black in again.

Bigfooty has a very strange yin and yang element.

Ben Brown has a reasonable debut, Majak is cooked.

Mason has a reasonable preseason game, Black is toast.

He's toast until he gains his touch and confidence again.

I followed yesterday's game on BF and on Twitter, and then watched a replay this morning... According to BF and to a lesser extent Twitter Wood had a pretty good game, to my eyes he didn't do enough. With his running ability and his size I want more!
Same here, great pack mark, maybe I rewarded running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i could see Mason was doing plenty of hard running to find space but he wasn't getting used. Also his pack mark was jizzworthy!

For mine I'd rather give Wood a crack over Black at the moment..........Or crack a Black wood....i don't know??
Save it for the Daw thread dude!!!!

From what i could see Mason was doing plenty of hard running to find space but he wasn't getting used. Also his pack mark was jizzworthy!

For mine I'd rather give Wood a crack over Black at the moment..........Or crack a Black wood....i don't know??

Which is exactly what black was doing last year. At times we are ridiculously blind to kicking to an open player who had busted a gut to get in position.

Was mentioned a few times in the Hawks game how not only black but a number of other guys had got to a perfect position and not been used.

Costs us goals ignoring someone in space. Brown is another who is good at it.

Which is exactly what black was doing last year. At times we are ridiculously blind to kicking to an open player who had busted a gut to get in position.

Was mentioned a few times in the Hawks game how not only black but a number of other guys had got to a perfect position and not been used.

Costs us goals ignoring someone in space. Brown is another who is good at it.

Bingo. Tunnel vision costs us a lot of opportunities.

Ziebell is typical of this, not casting an upfield glance before kicking to a short (man) target or a spot often resulting in an uncontested turnover.

Bingo. Tunnel vision costs us a lot of opportunities.

Ziebell is typical of this, not casting an upfield glance before kicking to a short (man) target or a spot often resulting in an uncontested turnover.
Ziebel is a shocker for it. Great clearance player but geez if he could take half a second to look for a target some times

Ziebel is a shocker for it. Great clearance player but geez if he could take half a second to look for a target some times
Probably because he feels he doesn't have the pace or evasiveness to get separation so just slams it on the boot. Certainly an area for improvement because his kicking can be exceptional when he has time.

Probably because he feels he doesn't have the pace or evasiveness to get separation so just slams it on the boot. Certainly an area for improvement because his kicking can be exceptional when he has time.

Yep. He is one of the best kicks in the team when in space.

That pass to Petrie in the Semi Final. :eek:

Bigfooty has a very strange yin and yang element.

Ben Brown has a reasonable debut, Majak is cooked.

Mason has a reasonable preseason game, Black is toast.

God forbid you actually want them all to succede.

If they wear royal blue and white on their back then they're my guy, I'm on the bus or the plane or the goddamn jalopy.

I in there right up to the point that they no longer wear our colours, and even then sometimes it depends on how they leave. Edwards good, Levi Bad, Hale good, Gibson bad.....

Wood has to take Blacks spot doesn’t he.. Send Black back to VFL until he regains his confidence IMO

Black is certainly in our best 22 when firing based on his 2013 form

Wood has to take Blacks spot doesn’t he.. Send Black back to VFL until he regains his confidence IMO

Black is certainly in our best 22 when firing based on his 2013 form
Black seems to be clearly struggling for touch, with Wood looking good on Sunday. This reflects what I have seen similar at training sessions that i have attended. I do agree with the position that Black is best 22 when playing at his best, and I hope that in the next game against the Tiggers that he regains some touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back