Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Wood has more upside imo but thats just mo.

Black has to be traded as his value for money would have to be the worst at the club.

Majak should be given a one year deal on low money as I think he is a decent ruckman. Unfortunately with Goldy at the club his opportunities are limited.

3. Mason Wood was terrific, with 14 marks for the day to go with 20 possessions.

“His work-rate was really solid and his defence was pretty sound, but it was his aerial stuff that was a bit of a highlight.

“He had 14 marks and a few of those were really strong contested grabs, which is fantastic because that he’s been working really strongly on.”

The club wouldnt even think about trading him unless he requested it. He's on an upward spiral and getting game time so I don't think he'd ask for a trade to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a jet, needs to play in the forward line. Start him in the forward pocket and tell him to roam where he pleases, that is when we will see the best out of him. There aren't many defenders over 190cm who could match his work rate.

His the point of difference we need.
A big bloke who can run all day. If we could get him in form in the ones he could have quite an impact at the tight end of the year. To be honest I thought he'd be a lock by now

His the point of difference we need.
A big bloke who can run all day. If we could get him in form in the ones he could have quite an impact at the tight end of the year. To be honest I thought he'd be a lock by now
Could deliver at least the same if not better than our other elite runner in Sam Gibsons in the ones.

Not to mention the night vs day skills.

Could deliver at least the same if not better than our other elite runner in Sam Gibsons in the ones.

Not to mention the night vs day skills.
yep with the ability to go forward, take marks and kick goals.
His versatility would help us much more than Gibson, along with the obvious better foot skills

impressive highlights, most left footers always look better when kicking for some reason

His weakness is he tends to go missing in games. Its not unusual to not see him on the ground for a whole quarter or two.
Yeah along with his questioned defensive game, that would be the biggest knock on him. I guess it comes back to if you think his good boot and goal sense outweighs his lack of pressure in the forward line. If you take the pressure of Garner and KT, then add in the freakishness of Thomas and the brilliant mind and use of Harvey, then he is up against it as a forward line certainty.

That's no reason to have him out of the side mind you, as we have some great kids who could provide the spark we need as a side to really become a serious challenger again. He is one of them.

Yeah along with his questioned defensive game, that would be the biggest knock on him. I guess it comes back to if you think his good boot and goal sense outweighs his lack of pressure in the forward line. If you take the pressure of Garner and KT, then add in the freakishness of Thomas and the brilliant mind and use of Harvey, then he is up against it as a forward line certainty.

That's no reason to have him out of the side mind you, as we have some great kids who could provide the spark we need as a side to really become a serious challenger again. He is one of them.
Yeah I couldn't agree more.

Wood to me is one guy that the club just needs to get games into. If it was up to me I'd play him every week over Gibson for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back