Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

Since that won't ever happen, Nahas?
Honestly?

A bloke that gives his all, every week, every minute. It's why we love him as supporters, as he is the epitomy of what we want to see in effort and determination from the team as a whole.

He is also just a battler, a good foot soldier that is very limited in hurt factor, in impact; real impact. Rob getting gametime just shows why we are nothing more than a middling side, a side that on their day can be quite good, but are never really a serious threat.......a genuine contender.

Sorry for the blunt appraisal, but I'm done with tyre pumping us as a club.

yep with the ability to go forward, take marks and kick goals.
His versatility would help us much more than Gibson, along with the obvious better foot skills

impressive highlights, most left footers always look better when kicking for some reason

Yeah, we do.

3. Mason Wood came into the game a little worse for wear due to illness, but showed great resilience to play out the game and kick the sealer.

“He’s been crook all week and didn’t look great but I thought he battled through it pretty well,” Brown explained.

“He was clearly distressed but his contests in the air were pretty good.”

Huh. Kinda doesn't count when you're taking such a small sample population (6 games, 51 kicks) and you're talking about a kid who has played less than 10 games and happened to shank a bunch out of sheer nervousness.
Glad someone agreed with me. WTF kinds of standards are made for an article like that ...

Huh. Kinda doesn't count when you're taking such a small sample population (6 games, 51 kicks) and you're talking about a kid who has played less than 10 games and happened to shank a bunch out of sheer nervousness.
During a period in which our forward movement as a team was abysmal.

4. After playing through sickness last week and performing well, Mason Wood stepped up another gear against the Bulldogs. He kicked two important second half goals and also had 21 disposals for the day.

“He started pretty slowly but he was playing forward and the ball didn’t come down there, so he was probably entitled to,” Moore said.

“He worked his way into the game really well after that and his workrate was very good to get plenty of the footy. To get a couple of goals as reward for his effort was good.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of Wood. Moves well, ideal body size and reckon will be best 22 by end of 2016.

Just needs to tidy up his kicking and toughen up, looks soft in the contest too often.

I like the look of Wood. Moves well, ideal body size and reckon will be best 22 by end of 2016.

Just needs to tidy up his kicking and toughen up, looks soft in the contest too often.

A very big preseason and year ahead for Woody. Seize your moment Mason FFS lest others take your place in the queue.

Don't think Mase is a bad kick like some think, just felt the pressure of the step up to the AFL I thought, big preseaon and he can be anything.

Don't think Mase is a bad kick like some think, just felt the pressure of the step up to the AFL I thought, big preseaon and he can be anything.
That's my view too. I didn't see him fluff many kicks in the VFL. I think once he gets used to AFL pace, he will be fine.

Yep. Much like Aaron Mullet. When he (Mullet) played seniors this year he was so nervous that it made him screw up kicks he would normally nail. I think Mason is the same

So, where does he play in 2016?

Is he a third tall, so in competition with Brown/Waite?

Is he a HFF, so in competition with Higgins/Garner/Turner/Anderson?

Is he a wing/mid rotation, so in competition with Dal Santo/Gibson/Macmillan?

Who does he displace out of those groups to force his way into the 22? I can't see him getting too many games unless we are hit with injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back