Past Player - Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread will always and forever remain a sterling example of why it's a bad idea to get too wrapped up in potential draftees before the draft.

It's always best to leave the U18 watching and phantom speculations to those who can stay calm and detached.

I love re-reading these posts.every-one has an opinion but I see this as another master decicision for Matt rendell. Surely he can't be lost to the Crows as is being talked about in the past few days?.

Re: ND Pick # 10 - Discussion

I am shocked, my afl coverage dropped out on Brisbanes pick and when I heard we picked Dangerfield I figured Brisbane grabbed Ebert

We talked about expectation but I feel sick...Dangerfield has now so many expectations

I am sure that Patrick has already exceeded all expectations.great news that he is soon to sign for another 3 years.absolute Gun!!

This was a great thread to read and the emotions and feelings that the posters here had was what I had on the day. After I had finished work the day of the draft, I went to a mates BBQ and was having an absolute spew that we didn't get Ebert. The son of my mate is a decent footballer and after listening to me just shook his head and said " it's alright for you to say Dangerfield is crap but I had to play on him and it sucked balls*".

He had played with Ebert and had played against Dangerfield ( in some Private school game) and was adamant we had made the right choice...I think he was right just quietly.

*He was a little more animated in his description of what it was like to play on Patty than sucked balls

Re: ND Pick # 10 - Patrick Dangerfield - Geelong Falcons

Are you serious?! :eek:

This just gets better and better. This is a HUGE risk by us and if in 3 years time if I hear the word "hindsight" from the AFC I will personally bitch slap them into never never land.

How the **** do we overlook a great local kid who is also a SAFE pick for a roll of the dice. I am livid with this one :mad:

Ahh stiffy lol

Re: ND Pick # 10 - Patrick Dangerfield - Geelong Falcons

Guys settle, Dangerfield sounds like a quality young player. Got speed, endurance and versatility. And with a name like that how can he not be a gun! :thumbsu:

I miss this bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most amazing thing about this thread is how highly rated Ebert seemed to be. Given how they both turned out I find it really amazing that Ebert was considered to have much greater skill level when these days Danger is considered one of the most skilled players in the AFL and Ebert is pretty poor skillwise tbh - especially for a midfielder. I guess it just shows how much value there is in good drafting :thumbsu:

Ebert is still a fine player, though. Not in Dangerfield's league but a very nice player.

The real irony for me is that Ebert was seen as the "safe" option in terms of him leaving because of the SA connection, but it's pretty clear now that he bleeds black and white. Dangerfield, meanwhile, has proven to be extremely loyal.

Ebert is still a fine player, though. Not in Dangerfield's league but a very nice player.

The real irony for me is that Ebert was seen as the "safe" option in terms of him leaving because of the SA connection, but it's pretty clear now that he bleeds black and white. Dangerfield, meanwhile, has proven to be extremely loyal.

I actually see Ebert's relative every week and he believes that Brad would have stayed at the crows if he was selected by us... Personally I don't give a damn because Danger is a top 5 player of the comp and Ebert is a top 50 (possibly) of the comp.. Danger was clearly worth the risk even if he does leave which I cant see happening

yeah still along time but we put the question to him and if he really wanted to stay he could of started talking about negation's
Still hasn't given any indication that he wants to leave and has always said he wants to stay. So you gotta be confident he will stay. There is no rush to sign at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back