Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Fair call. My point is that apart from that port game and GWS last year, he has more of an impact as a sub.

That Port game was as a sub.

But that was a game he shouldn't have had to win himself. Abysmal performance by the team.

Fair call. My point is that apart from that port game and GWS last year, he has more of an impact as a sub.
Couldn't remember if he was sub that game against Port, but he definitely wasn't against GWS. Natrat was.

militiaa

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Wild/ Minnesota Vikings
Travis Colyer looked as if he was just happy to be out there against Fremantle.

He didn't. Watch the game again. He had a cameo in the Ryder and Hurley show.
You need to rewatch. There was no coincidence that when he came on and got into the game we started to play like a good side

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
He didn't. Watch the game again. He had a cameo in the Ryder and Hurley show.

Actually he did. I was at that game and with out his run we were dead. Down by 35 with 15 to go. 12 disposals, kicked an important goal on the run and 5 I50 in a quarter of football is far from a cameo.

Actually he did. I was at that game and with out his run we were dead. Down by 35 with 15 to go. 12 disposals, kicked an important goal on the run and 5 I50 in a quarter of football is far from a cameo.
You see, lamaros is incapable of acknowledging that Colyer can be a match-winner, and can be no more than a roleplayer/cameo player at best.

You see, lamaros is incapable of acknowledging that Colyer can be a match-winner, and can be no more than a roleplayer/cameo player at best.

of course he can be, Dean Polo was once a match winner, once.

Problem is, in 35 games Trav has pulled that kind of performance out of the bag less than 5 times, and the majority of his other games he's been bog average, and sometimes absolutely detrimental to the rest of the side.

lamaros

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
I stand by what I said. Trav wasn't the match winner. Wasn't close to BOG despite the cameo. No coaches votes and no Brownlow votes I might add.

Which is not to say he didn't have an impact, but others did much more.

I stand by what I said. Trav wasn't the match winner. Wasn't close to BOG despite the cameo. No coaches votes and no Brownlow votes I might add.

Which is not to say he didn't have an impact, but others did much more.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Came on when we were 5/6 goals down, had 12 touches, 4 marks, 5 inside 50's, kicked a goal and literally turned the game on it's head.

lamaros

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Stop embarrassing yourself. Came on when we were 5/6 goals down, had 12 touches, 4 marks, 5 inside 50's, kicked a goal and literally turned the game on it's head.

Great, lets just judge anything by (once off) stats hey?

I guess Hurley really should play forward.

Great, lets just judge anything by (once off) stats hey?

I guess Hurley really should play forward.
This has nothing to do with the debate. It's the fact you can't even acknowledge when he's a matchwinner

lamaros

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
This has nothing to do with the debate. It's the fact you can't even acknowledge when he's a matchwinner

He wasn't. He has ha some good games, and ones where he has had a significant role. But that was just a cameo and while he did kick a floater in and made an impact others were much more deserving of the title 'match winner'.

Back