Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously Trav. Please please keep this up. He is one hundred percent exactly what we need in our team and is a ******* great news story

I was hoping never to play Colyer after that Fremantle Vs Essendon game this year, Now I'm so glad they did in the end. Has lots of speed and his aerobic capacity is super! Happy to be wrong with this one and I apologize.

Improvers- For me:
1. Baguely- has gone from Henry Slattery to Michael Hibberd in last 2 years.
2. Hooker- was good last year but man he is reliable now!
3. Colyer- huge improvement, but not the complete consistent performer yet. Playing great footy.
4. Heppell- from great footy to super footy
5. Ryder - consistency
6. Hurley

Just rewatched the game and came in here to comment in this thread, not surprised to see some fanfare for Trav.

A couple of months ago there was a main board thread asking which players you expected to be delisted come year' send fro my our club, and my immediate reaction was "Colyer".

This bloke didn't just save his career at Essendon over the last couple of months, he's come flying in from the VFL and cemented a spot in the 22. Big respect to him.

Thought he'd gone the way of Jetta, a player who is a very, very good VFL player but not quite able to cut it at the elite level, but he's proven me wrong in stunning fashion.

Sadly I think Trav's form means curtains for Jetta.

Improvers- For me:
1. Baguely- has gone from Henry Slattery to Michael Hibberd in last 2 years.
2. Hooker- was good last year but man he is reliable now!
3. Colyer- huge improvement, but not the complete consistent performer yet. Playing great footy.
4. Heppell- from great footy to super footy
5. Ryder - consistency
6. Hurley

It's hard to rate them as they've all been such good improvers and all look to be high quality players. No doubt about #1, and Heppell is a smart call. Hooker is AA right now so yeah, he has to go #2. Colyer not far behind.

We need a few more to follow next year and all the pieces of the puzzle will be falling into place!

Delightful to see someone wearing the #32 and doing it proud...bust packs Trav...I want to see you leapfrog a pack against Carlscum and kick the sealer...Our only decent#32 since Timmy retired..and to think people were calling for him to be delisted...

Delightful to see someone wearing the #32 and doing it proud...bust packs Trav...I want to see you leapfrog a pack against Carlscum and kick the sealer...Our only decent#32 since Timmy retired..and to think people were calling for him to be delisted...

Justin Blumfield says hi :cool:

Given he re-signed at the end of last year, after Melbourne showed some very serious interest in him, talk of him being a delisting candidate 2 months ago is laughable.

On another note, Bomber and Bassett deserve some serious credit here. Speaking to Trav at the sponsors' function in late May, he thought he could/should have been picked a couple of weeks prior based on his VFL form, but he said the coaches wanted him to stay in the seconds and iron out all the kinks in his game. They obviously kept riding him hard until he was playing "perfect" games, and that's translated into him playing consistent and sustainable senior football.

Given he re-signed at the end of last year, after Melbourne showed some very serious interest in him, talk of him being a delisting candidate 2 months ago is laughable.

On another note, Bomber and Bassett deserve some serious credit here. Speaking to Trav at the sponsors' function in late May, he thought he could/should have been picked a couple of weeks prior based on his VFL form, but he said the coaches wanted him to stay in the seconds and iron out all the kinks in his game. They obviously kept riding him hard until he was playing "perfect" games, and that's translated into him playing consistent and sustainable senior football.

I was going to make a comment about the club seeing something to re-sign him.

I will admit I thought we made a mistake in the signing as he brought pace and nothing else.

I love it when "lesser" players throw several eggs in my face. I'm loving watching Trav play atm. I am yet to see any of the WCE game, will start watching today, but looking forward to seeing the impact he has.

Imp - Kong , I'm thinking that could be the start of something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to make a comment about the club seeing something to re-sign him.

I will admit I thought we made a mistake in the signing as he brought pace and nothing else.

I love it when "lesser" players throw several eggs in my face. I'm loving watching Trav play atm. I am yet to see any of the WCE game, will start watching today, but looking forward to seeing the impact he has.

Imp - Kong , I'm thinking that could be the start of something.

It also says something about him that he decided to stay and fight for a place rather than take the higher salary, more gametime and longer contract elsewhere.

Has gone from Lee Harvey Oswald to Sirhan Sirhan in no time. Very impressed.
Apparently that doesn't stop you yelling LEE HARVEY OSWALD whenever he gets the ball.

Has gone from Lee Harvey Oswald to Sirhan Sirhan in no time. Very impressed.
0w8uFWX.gif

I heard The Imp so many times on Saturday.

What stood out for me on Satdy was how hungry he was, just kept sprinting to the contests with his eye on the ball and then sprinting away to create an option after having an impact.
If he can keep that up its super valuable.
Him and Baguley create this beautiful hungry midget yin/yang-fwd/back situation on the field.

Since coming back in -

24 disposals at 58%
15 disposals at 67%
15 disposals at 60%
15 disposals at 86%
14 disposals at 64%
19 disposals at 47%
19 disposals at 68%
15 disposals at 100%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back